手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

连续海泳数月 人的心脏会发生怎样的变化?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Long distance swimmer Ben Lecomte has his whole heart invested in bringing attention to ocean health.

长距离游泳运动员本·勒孔特全心全意地投入了关注海洋健康上面。
But as he crosses the Pacific, medics are paying close attention to the health of his actual heart.
然而,就在他横游太平洋的时候,医务人员也正在密切关注着他的心脏健康。
Researchers want to see how the body's hardest working muscle adapts over months of extreme exercise.
研究人员想知道游泳时负荷最大的肌肉对这一长达数月的极限运动适应能力究竟如何。
We're doing this together wiht NASA.
我们是和NASA一起来做的这个研究。
They basically want to know the function of the heart and the structure of the heart during the swim.
他们主要是想知道游泳期间心脏的功能和结构如何。
That tells them, how for example, astronauts when they do extreme things, how their heart will develop as well.
而这些信息可以告诉他们,比如宇航员在极端条件下工作时,他们的心脏会怎么样。
They're looking to see if the center of the heart hardens through all this excessive training;
以及所有这些超高强度的锻炼是否会让心脏的中心变硬;
we'll see if there is a change in the EKG actually happening;
我们则想知道他游泳时EKG(心电图)是否真的会发生变化;
we're also looking to see if Ben has a low heart rate variability one day, does that affect how he swims the next day?
我们也想看看本某天的心率变异率是否会很低,而这是否又会影响他第二天的游泳方式。
His length, his output, his general well-being?
还有他心脏的长度,他的输出以及整个心脏的健康情况。
As with any other muscle, a more active heart will strengthen over time, enabling it to pump oxygenated blood throughout the body at a higher rate.
与其他的肌肉一样,活跃的心脏会随着时间的推移而加强,往全身输送氧和血液的速率就会更快。
This thickening process and the resulting change in blood flow can be visualized with ultrasound.
我们可以用超声波来观察这种加强的过程以及由此产生的血流的变化。
Ultrasound is a really nice technique to capture both the function and the structure of the heart.
超声波是一个非常好的能够同时监测到你心脏的功能和结构的技术。
It's a non-invasive technique. You can measure flow and all kinds of stuff without actually entering the body because you see straight through the body.
这是一项非入侵式技术。你可以不用讲仪器置入体内就能监测到血液的流动等数据,因为你在外面就能透视整个身体。
This is the left atria and this is the right atria with the tricuspid valve in the middle.
这个是左心房,这是右心房,中间的是三尖瓣。
This is the miltralic valve again.
这又是三尖瓣。
If I turn it a little bit, you see that the inlet of the left ventricle, from left atria to the left ventricle.
我们稍微调整一下,就能看到血液在流入左心室,从左心房流到左心室。
This is the outlet here.
这边是往外的血液。
Now I'm going to add some color.
现在我们给它加上颜色。
Now you can actually see how the blood is flowing.
就可以看到血液流动的具体情况。
His heart and his body is used to doing low intensity but long duration exercise, endurance.
他的心脏和身体已经习惯长时间低强度的训练了。
But he's doing really well.
但他的身体状态非常好。
An ultrasound setup is not exactly portable, and requires a professional to operate.
超声波设置并不是完全便携的,而且需要专业人员来操作。
That's why Ben's also sporting a small digital body-worn monitor, developed by Lynda Cole, a longtime friend and supporter of Ben and the crew.
这就是为什么本游泳的时候还要佩戴一个小型穿戴式数字监视器的原因,该监视器是由本以及参与此次航行的船员们的一位老铁琳达·科尔开发的。
The heart rate monitor is composed of the recorder and the electrode, and we want to be able to utilize that monitor in every type of environment.
心率监测器由记录仪和电极组成,我们希望这个检测仪在各种环境下都能工作。
From the electrode, there's three parts that have gel on the back of it.
中间是电极,周围有三个分叉,分叉背面都有凝胶。
The signal coming from the body goes to that gel, it goes up to the recorder, and it produces the EKG signal.
来自身体的信号会传送到凝胶上,然后传到记录仪上,从而形成心电图信号。
Some of the challenges in creating a monitor that will work for athletes swimming are sweat, water, body movement.
制作适合运动员游泳时佩戴的监测器时会面临汗水,水,身体运动等问题。
1

The newest device, the SL device, which is what Ben is wearing is a compilation of everything we've learned.

最新的设备,SL设备,本穿戴的这个设备是我们用毕生所学打造出来的。
Lynda and her team are interested in R to R variability, a cardiovascular metric that essentially measures how adaptable the heart can be.
琳达和她的团队对RR变异性,这是一种主要测量心脏适应性的心血管指标,很感兴趣。
When you exercise, your heart rate increases.
运动时,我们的心率会增加。
If it's 60 beats per minute all day long, you probably have a pacemaker in.
如果你的心率一整天都维持在60次/分的话,那你可能是安装了心脏起搏器。
Or that muscle and the arteries and everything are hardening around it.
否则你的肌肉和动脉以及周围的一切器官都会增强。
It's a muscle; you want it to have elasticity.
心脏也是肌肉;所以我们希望心脏的肌肉也能有弹性。
To get heart rate variability of data from Ben, we measure the incident between each heartbeat.
为了拿到本的心率变异性的数据,我们测量了他每次心跳之间的点。
So the P wave is the very first part of the EKG signal, and then you have the Q, the R, the S, and the T.
从图上来看,心电图的第一部分是P点,接下来是Q点,R点,S点和T点。
So when you're measuring, you're looking for the distance from the P to the Q, or the P to the T or if you're looking for wide QRS.
测量的时候,我们要测的是P点到Q点,或者P点到T点的距离,或者对QRS这一段进行测量。
So those are some of the different things that we could measure.
我们能测量的数据就包括这类数据。
So right here, this is Ben, and his heart rate is 94 beats per minute, and he is not swimming here.
这些是本的心电图数据,他的心率是94次/分,这是他没有游泳时的状态。
There is a log that I write everyday. And it's something that is put online.
我每天都有更新我的航行日志,而且这个日志是放在网上的。
The logbook that he keeps is a great thing, because it tells us how the water is, how his emotional state is.
本能写日志是一件非常好的事情,因为他的日志可以告诉我们水质如何,他的情绪状态如何。
We put that together with the data that we collect and we're seeing if we can predict anything.
通过结合这些信息,以及我们采集到的数据,看看我们能不能做些预测。
The lightweight, waterproof technology Lynda developed for Ben has already solved challenges in cardiovascular medicine.
琳达为本开发的轻质防水设备已经解决了心血管医学方面的挑战。
For instance, it can provide instant diagnostics for something called long QT syndrome in children,
比如,它可以为儿童长QT综合征,
a potentially fatal condition where an erratic heartbeat can cause fainting or seizures.
一种不稳定心跳造成晕厥或癫痫的潜在绝症,提供即时诊断。
They can tell if you have this syndrome immediately by going into the water.
只需要让孩子下一下水就立即判断他们是否患有这种综合症。
By hitting in the cold water the measurements will totally show themselves.
当这个设备一触即到冷水,测量结果将会立刻显示出来。
So I said to the doctor, "well, you know, I have somebody in the water; he's on prototype electrodes."
当时,我对那个医生说,“你知道吗,我把人放到水里并给他身上贴了原型电极。
I cut and pasted some of the strips together and sent them to him that night and I said "look, you know, remember this is a prototype."
然后我剪一些条子并把它们粘到一起,当晚我就把它们寄给了那位医生,告诉他“听着,记住了,这玩意儿是一个原型诊断设备。”
and he came back and he says, "I've never seen anything so great. It's so easy to measure; it looks great.
后来,他回来告诉我,“我从未见过这么好的东西,测量起来这么方便,看着也很不错。
And now you can put those kids in the water, and you could diagnose this syndrome.
现在把孩子放到水里就能诊断出这种综合症。
Why wouldn't you get excited about that?"
怎会让人不为之兴奋呢?”
That type of impact is exactly what Ben and the Seeker crew hoped this mission would create,
这种影响正是本和《科学探索之旅》团队希望这次航行任务能够产生的影响,
a tangible difference in the lives of others,
那就是给他人的生活带来可见的变化,
showcasing how we can best monitor and care for our planet, and our own bodies alike.
展示我们如何能最大程度地监测并保护我们的地球,以及我们自己的身体。
The work that we've done with Ben is helping us get these types of materials out into the industry today,
我们与本共同完成的工作就是帮助我们将这些类型的材料普及到当今的行业中去,
so that we can help diagnose these other illnesses.
这样我们就可以帮助医生们诊断其他疾病了。
Be sure to visit Seeker.com/TheSwim to read daily updates from Ben Lecomte,
大家记得去Seeker.com/TheSwim网站看本的每日更新噢,
track his progress in real-time, and watch more videos about the science happening onboard Seeker.
去实时跟进他的航行进度,同时观看更多本栏目的科学视频。
Click here for this next episode, and don't forget to subscribe.
点击此处查看下一集,不要忘记订阅噢。
Thanks for watching!
感谢大家的观看!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
capture ['kæptʃə]

想一想再看

vt. 捕获,俘获,夺取,占领,迷住,(用照片等)留存<

联想记忆
affect [ə'fekt]

想一想再看

vt. 影响,作用,感动

联想记忆
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
diagnose ['daiəgnəuz]

想一想再看

v. 判断,诊断(疾病)

联想记忆
technique [tek'ni:k]

想一想再看

n. 技术,技巧,技能

 
variability [.vɛəriə'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 易变,变化性,变异性

联想记忆
pump [pʌmp]

想一想再看

n. 泵,抽水机,打气筒,抽水,打气
v. 打

 
elasticity [elæs'tisəti]

想一想再看

n. 弹力,弹性,伸缩性

 
flowing ['fləuiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 流动的;平滑的;上涨的 v. 流动;起源;上涨

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。