Conversation A
对话A
Alex: Susie, can you help me?
阿莱克斯:苏西,你能帮帮我吗?
Susie: Sure, Alex. What do you need?
苏西:当然了,阿莱克斯。你有什么需要?
Alex: I want to buy Linda a surprise gift. I treated her badly, and I want to make it up to her.
阿莱克斯:我想给琳达买一个礼物让她惊喜一下。之前我对她不太好,我想补偿一下。
Susie: Ah, yes. You were ignoring her because you were playing that smartphone game.
苏西:啊,是啊。由于你当时在玩儿手机游戏,所以忽视了她。
Alex: Exactly. So what should I get her?
阿莱克斯:没错。所以我应该送她什么?
Susie: Let me think...
苏西:让我想想...
Conversation B
对话B
Albert: I know! Linda loves trains.
阿尔伯特:我知道!琳达喜欢火车。
Susie: That's right! Linda loves the railway.
苏西:没错!琳达喜欢铁路。
Alex: So should I buy her a model train?
阿莱克斯:所以我应该给她买一个火车模型?
Susie: No. She loves taking trains. Take her on a train trip.
苏西:不。她喜欢坐火车。带她来一趟火车旅行吧。
Alex: That's a really good idea.
阿莱克斯:真是个好主意。
Susie: You could take her on an old train.
苏西:你可以带她坐一趟老火车。
Alex: That's perfect! Linda will love that. Thanks, Susie.
阿莱克斯:完美!琳达会喜欢的。谢谢你,苏西。
Conversation C
对话C
Linda: Wow, Alex. This train is wonderful!
琳达:哇,阿莱克斯。这列火车真棒!
Alex: It is. It first ran in 1944.
阿莱克斯:是啊。它是在1944年第一次行驶的。
Linda: And we're taking it now in 2016. That's amazing! Thank you so much for buying these tickets, Alex.
琳达:我们现在在2016年搭乘它。太令人吃惊了!阿莱克斯,非常感谢你买这些票。
Alex: You're welcome, Linda.
阿莱克斯:别客气,琳达。
Linda: This is all so exciting. What station are we arriving at next?
琳达:这一切太令人激动了。下一站我们要到的是哪里?
Alex: I'm not sure. Let me take a look.
阿莱克斯:我不确定。让我看一看。