This episode of SciShow Kids is brought to you by Child and Teen Checkups
这一集的SciShow Kids是通过“儿童和青少年健康检查”组织带给你的
Every kid needs a checkup at least once a year
每个孩子每年至少需要一次体检
If you live in Minnesota, Child and Teen Checkups can help
如果你住在明尼苏达州,“儿童和青少年健康检查”会有帮助
Learn more at GetCTC.com
更多信息请访问GetCTC.com
Hey, Squeaks!
嘿,吱吱!
Check out what I got from the dentist!
看看我从牙医那里得到了什么!
She gave me two toothbrushes, one for you and one for me
她给了我两把牙刷,一把给你,一把给我
Ooh, she gave me some toothpaste, too!
哦,她也给了我一些牙膏!
It’s bubble gum-flavored! And some floss!
是泡泡糖味道的!和一些牙线!
We got everything we need to keep our teeth clean
我们得到了保持牙齿清洁所需要的一切
That’s the dentist’s job!
那是牙医的工作!
To make sure our teeth are healthy and help us keep them clean
确保我们的牙齿健康,帮助我们保持清洁
Oh, the whole appointment went great, Squeaks!
哦,整个诊疗过程都进行得很顺利,吱吱!
And my teeth feel super clean!
我的牙齿感觉超级干净!
That’s true, my teeth were already pretty clean before
真的,我的牙齿以前已经很干净了
We brush twice a day to keep them that way!
我们每天刷两次以保持这种状态!
But it’s still important to go to the dentist every few months and have them clean off anything that’s built up on your teeth over time
但每隔几个月去看一次牙医,让他们清理掉你牙齿上堆积的脏东西,这仍然很重要
How did they do it?
他们是怎么做到的?
Well, the person who cleaned my teeth wasn’t actually the dentist herself, she was a dental hygienist
嗯,给我刷牙的那个人其实并不是牙医本人,她是一位牙科保健师
They’re someone who went to a special school for learning how to clean and take care of teeth
他们去了一所特殊的学校学习如何清洁和保养牙齿
And she did a few different things to get them all clean!
她做了与众不同的事来清洁牙齿!
The first thing she did was use a little scraping tool called a scaler to get rid of any plaque on my teeth
她做的第一件事就是用一种叫做刮刮器的刮刮工具来刮掉我牙齿上的牙菌斑
Plaque is the stuff that builds up on your teeth after you eat, and we brush and floss to get rid of it
牙菌斑是在你吃完后在牙齿上堆积起来的东西,我们用牙刷和牙线来清除它
Even with really careful brushing and flossing, there can be some left over on your teeth, and it hardens over time,
即使你非常仔细地刷牙和使用牙线,你的牙齿上也会残留一些残余物,而且随着时间的推移会变硬,
so you need something stronger than a toothbrush to get it off
所以你需要比牙刷更坚固的东西才能把它拔掉
That’s why the hygienist scrapes it off with the scaler
这就是为什么卫生员会用手术刀刮掉它
Next, she took out an electric tool
接着,她拿出一个电动工具
I was a little nervous at first, so I asked the hygienist what it was for
一开始我有点紧张,所以我问卫生员这是做什么用的
She said it was just an electric version of the scaler she was using before, which helps clean off your teeth really well!
她说这只是她以前用过的除颤器的电子版本,可以很好地清洁牙齿!
It made kind of a loud noise, but it didn’t hurt, and it sprayed some water while she was using it, which was kind of fun
它发出很大的声音,但并没有受伤,当她使用它的时候,它喷了一些水,这很有趣
Oh, and she also put a little tube in my mouth that worked kind of like a tiny vacuum to suck up all the water!
哦,她还在我嘴里放了一个小管子,有点像一个小真空吸干所有的水!
That was pretty fun, too
那也很有趣
And you know what happened next, after the scaling was all done?
你知道缩放完成之后会发生什么吗?
The hygienist brought out another electric tool!
卫生员又拿出了一件电动工具!
She said this one was called a polisher, and it worked by spraying some air and water to smooth out and shine my teeth now that they were all cleaned off
她说,这颗牙齿被称为抛光机,它的工作原理是喷洒一些空气和水,使我的牙齿变得光滑发亮
After that, she was almost done
在那之后,几乎就完成了
The next step was brushing my teeth!
下一步是刷牙!
Yup, just like we do at home!
是的,就像我们在家里一样!
She used a regular toothbrush and a special type of toothpaste, then some floss
她用的是普通的牙刷和一种特殊的牙膏,然后是牙线
Finally, my teeth were all done
最后,我的牙齿都清洁完了
Touching them with my tongue is kind of weird now, but cool — they’re so smooth!
现在用我的舌头碰它们有点奇怪,但是很酷——它们太光滑了!
Then it was time to take some X-rays, which are really just pictures they take with a special kind of camera that can see through your teeth!
然后是拍x光片的时候了,x光片其实就是用一种特殊的可以透过牙齿看到东西的相机拍的照片!
Once we had the X-ray pictures, the dentist came in to check out both the pictures and my actual teeth
我们拍了x光片之后,牙医就会来检查照片和我的牙齿
She was looking to see if I had any cavities
她正在看我是否有蛀牙
A cavity is a small hole you can get in your teeth from that plaque I mentioned before
蛀牙是一个小洞,可以从我之前提到的牙菌斑中进入你的牙齿
If you don’t clean it off well, it sort of eats away at your teeth, and eventually you get cavities
如果你不好好清洁,牙齿就会被腐蚀掉,最终你会得蛀牙
Lots of people get cavities, and the dentist can fix them, but by keeping our teeth clean we can avoid getting too many of them
很多人都有蛀牙,牙医可以治好他们,但保持牙齿清洁可以避免蛀牙太多
The dentist let me look at my X-rays, which was super cool!
牙医让我看x光片,太酷了!
I got to see the inside of my teeth and, best of all, she said I didn’t have any cavities!
我看到了牙齿的内部,最重要的是,她说我没有蛀牙!
And that was it! The dentist gave me this great goody bag, and it was time to go home!
就是这样!牙医给了我这个很棒的礼品袋,是时候回家了!
You know, one of the main reasons kids miss school is because of issues with their teeth, which is why it’s important to get a dental checkup every six months
你知道,孩子们缺课的一个主要原因是他们的牙齿有问题,这就是为什么每六个月做一次牙齿检查是很重要的
Even baby teeth need checkups, starting when that first tooth comes in!
即使是乳牙也需要检查,从第一颗牙开始!
Dental disease is no fun, but you can prevent it by spotting the warning signs early, and keeping those smiles beautiful
牙齿疾病并不是一件有趣的事情,但你可以通过及早发现这些警告信号并保持美丽的微笑来预防它
If you live in Minnesota, you can learn more at GetCTC.com
如果你住在明尼苏达州,你可以在GetCTC.com了解更多
If you live somewhere else in the United States, you can click the the link in the description to learn more about the benefits that may be available to you
如果你住在美国的其他地方,你可以点击描述中的链接来了解更多可能受益的地方