G. K. Chesterton: "You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime,
G.K.切斯特顿说"你们在餐前感恩,但我听音乐会和歌剧前,在看戏剧哑剧前"
and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing
"在我打开一本书,画素描前,画画前,游泳前,剑击前,拳击前,走路前,玩乐前,跳舞前"
and grace before I dip the pen in the ink.
"把钢笔头醮进墨水前,都会感恩"
Gratitude produced some... produced the most purely joyful moments that have been known to man."
"感激能带来人类感受到的,最为单纯的快乐"
Think about it. Think about the last time you are grateful to someone.
大家想想,想想你上次感激别人时
And you expressed that gratitude. How did you feel?
当你向别人表达你的感激时,你有什么感觉?
And how did you make the other person feel?
你使对方有什么感觉?
Or someone who was grateful to you and appreciated you?
或者当别人感激你时?
You were walking on air, created this upward spiral as a result.
你会有一种飘起来的感觉,形成一个良性循环
When it's genuine, when it's real.
前提是这种感激是真诚的
We don't do it enough. We don't do enough appreciation.
我们感激得不够
We don't express gratitude enough, whether it's to the food that we eat, whether it's to writing, whether it's for our friends or family.
我们的感激之情表达得不够,不管是对我们吃的食物,还是写作,不管是对朋友,还是对家人
So this is the most wonderful books written about the power
这是在关于感激的力量方面最好的书
of gratitude — it's not a research book, but a lot of these ideas that I'll talk about in a minute have researched.
这不是一本教材,但我等一下谈到的很多观点,在这本书里都有所研究
"About Gratitude" by Brother David Steindl-Rast. He also has a great website. If you google his name.
Brother David Steindl-Rast写的《论感激》。他还办了一个很棒的网站,谷歌他的名字就能查到
How do we cultivate gratitude? His advice is simple and gracious.
我们怎么培养感激?他的建议很简单优雅
"Why not start by surveying a typical day?
"何不先审视平凡的一天?"
What is it that you tend to tackle with spontaneous mindfulness, so that without effort your whole heart is in it?
有什么事是你不自觉地就会去处理的?有什么事是毫不费力你就会全心投进去的