To me, walking upside down on all fours is as easy as walking on two feet.
对我来说,手脚并用倒着走路和用两条腿走路一样轻松。
It's not scary or frightening to me in the least.
对我来说,那样走路一点儿都不可怕,一点儿都不吓人。
I've always been flexible.
我身体的柔韧性一直很好。
But not just a little bit flexible, I'm really flexible.
而且好得不是一点半点,是非常好。
Little did I know that this ability was, in fact, the talent that would change my life completely.
其实,我以前是不知道我的这种能力会彻底改变我的生活的。
I'm Troy James, and I'm a creature actor.
我是特洛伊·詹姆斯,我是一名生物演员。
I play creatures on TV and movies that move in ways that make the audience squirm.
我在影视剧作品中扮演走路姿态会让观众非常不安的生物。
My talent is that all of my joints- my legs, my arms, my shoulders, my fingers- they just bend however I want them to.
我的天赋是我所有的关节 - 我的腿,手臂,肩膀,手指 - 能够想怎么弯曲就怎么弯曲。
So if you need an alien, a demon, or a nonhuman creature that doesn't move in the ways that normal human people do, that's when you call me.
所以,如果您需要一个外星人,一个恶魔,或一个不会像普通人一样行动的非人类生物,那你就是时候给我打电话了。
It looks like what I do is extremely painful. Really, it doesn't hurt at all.
我的工作看起来会非常痛苦。但实际上一点儿都不痛苦。
I don't know why I am as flexible as I am.
我也不知道我的身体为什么这么灵活。
It's just something I was born with.
反正生来就这样。
I'm the only one in my family who can bend his arms and legs the way I do.
我是我们家唯一一个能把手和脚弯曲成这样的。
I didn't think it was that strange until other kids told me it was, but they weren't very nice about it.
之前我并不觉得这奇怪,直到别的孩子这么跟我说以后,但他们对此的反应并不是很友好。
And I remember being very embarrassed and I hid it away
我记得我那个时候非常尴尬,之后我就变得很低调,
because what makes you different when you're growing up isn't something to be proud of.
因为成长的过程中,让我与众不同的东西并不是值得我骄傲的东西。
I hid it for a long time.
我低调了很长一段时间。
But that all changed when I got a job as an amusement park ride operator.
但是,当我找了一份在游乐园当设施操作员的工作后,一切都变了。
It was a hot day, the ride was down for some reason or another, the guests were getting kind of ornery,
那天天气很热,游乐园的项目又不知道为什么停了,大家免不了变得焦躁起来,
and I thought, why don't I show them what I can do?
然后我就想,何不给他们展示一下我的特长呢?
And I went up and down the line making really cool shapes with my body, and it was a hit.
然后我就沿着队伍来来回回摆了一些非常酷的造型,结果大家的反响非常热烈。
And that was the first time I'd gotten that sort of positive reaction from other people, showcasing my talent.
那是我第一次跟别人展示我的特长得到了积极反响。
I never thought my ability was anything more than a really cool party trick.
我从未想过我的技能除了成为一个非常酷的派对小把戏,还能做什么。
My friend put his camera up to me and said, "Show me something cool."
是我朋友把相机放在我面前,说:“露两手露两手。”
Then he posted it on the internet, and all of a sudden, my phone started ringing.
之后他把视频放到了网上,突然之间,我的手机响起来了。
I started getting calls to be cast in TV shows, and I didn't look back.
我开始接到邀请我去拍电视的电话,从此便开启了新的生活。
If you had told me a year ago, I was going to be an actor, I would've laughed at you.
如果换作是一年前,你跟我说我能当演员,我肯定会笑话你。
But after some of my performances, people have told me that it's not just the way I move my body that's effective, it's the acting behind it.
但我表演几次之后,观众告诉我,不仅仅是我身体移动的方式能给人深刻的印象,更重要的是那些方式背后的表演。
I bring a reaction to the audience. I can thrill them, so to speak.
我的表演能带动观众的反应。可以说是激动人心的表演。
Coming from a place where you were ostracized as I was as a child, I can bring that out as a creature.
生长在一个排斥你的环境里,就像我小时候一样,表演的时候我能够把这种情绪表达出来。
It's interesting that something that I hid for so long is now taking me places that I never imagined I would go.
有趣的是,我隐藏了这么长时间的东西现在正带着我走向我以前想都不敢想的地方。
I believe everyone has a super power.
我相信,每个人都有超能力。
And you may not know it's a super power,
你可能并没有意识到那是一种超能力,
but if it's something that you're passionate about that makes you happy,
但只要是你热爱并且能够给你带来快乐的,
I think sharing it with the world may not be such a bad idea after all.
我想,分享给大家或许也不是一个很坏的主意。