And your friend looks at you and says, "Wow. You look fantastic!"
你朋友看着你,然后说"你看起来真精神"
Now, how do you feel at that point? You feel fantastic.
这时候你会有什么感觉?你会觉得自己很精神
And you know you walk a little bit more pride, more proud and you walk into the classroom just here.
你走路会走得更得意,然后你走进这间教室
And another friend sees you and says, "Wow! You look fantastic!"
另一个朋友看到你说,"你看起来真精神"
And how do you feel at this point? Well, fantastic-er!
这时你会有什么感觉?更精神了
And then you come in. You sit down here. And another friend who you haven't seen for a month sees you,
然后你进来,坐下。另一个一个月没见面的朋友
"Wow! You look fantastic!" And how do you feel at this point? Fantastic-ist!
"你真精神"!这时你有什么感觉?你精神到不能再精神了
And so on and so on and so on, made you day in an upward spiral.
往复循环,你这天就会越过越好
Now think about a slightly different scenario.
现在假设是另一种情境
You walk in 1504 on Thursday morning.
星期四早上你走进1504课室
And suddenly a friend of yours whom you trust and value sees you and says, "oh my God, what's wrong?"
突然一个你信任和重视的朋友看到你跟你说"天啊,你怎么了?"
Now there may have been nothing wrong before; there is a lot wrong now.
本来你没事的,但现在有事了
And you walk in the door, and someone sees you and says, "oh my Lord."
你走进教室,有人看到你说"天啊"
And how do you feel? You feel even worse.
你会有什么感觉?你会觉得更糟了
And you sit down and you see someone else who looks at you, just completely shocked.
你刚坐下看到又有人看着你,完全震惊了
And you are feeling worse-r and worse-ist. And so on and so on and so on in a downward spiral.
这时你的感觉跌到谷底了。恶性循环,越来越糟
Appreciation creates upward spiral. And we know, sometimes, one sentence, one word at the beginning of the day — and you have a wonderful day, or week.
感激能形成良性循环。我们知道有时候,一日之始听到的一句话、一个词能让你过上愉快的一天,甚至一周