This Great Big Story was made possible by Wells Fargo, established 1852, re-established 2018.
感谢初创于1852年,重组于2018年的富国银行(Wells Fargo)对本期节目的大力支持。
Almost every nationality on the planet is represented in the neighborhoods of Queens, New York,
世界各国在纽约的皇后区都能找到自己的代表,
which means the streets are lined with food from around the world.
换句话说,这里的街道遍地都是来自世界各地的美食。
And if there's one man who's tried them all, it's this guy.
如果有人曾经吃遍这里的每一家餐厅,那就是这个哥们儿。
Don't be fooled by his slight frame.
大家别被他瘦小的体型给骗了。
He spent the last 20 years unearthing every hidden gem this side of the East River.
他用了20年代的时间去发掘东河这边的每一个隐藏的瑰宝。
We're here in downtown Flushing,
我们现在在市中心的法拉盛广场,
and there's all sorts of things here, including Soy Bean Chen Flower Shop, which is, of course, a florist.
这里的商店琳琅满目,有999花城,这当然是一个花店了。
But you might wonder why Soy Bean is in the name,
但你可能好奇为什么店的英文名里有“大豆”这个词,
and that's because they sell douhua, or fresh flower tofu, wonderful, warm, custardy tofu right out of this window.
那是因为他们除了卖花,还会在这个窗口卖豆花,新鲜的豆腐花儿,美味而温暖还带有奶油味儿的豆腐。
I love this one. It's really...What a great breakfast.
我喜欢喝豆花儿,真的非常……拿这个当早餐巴适惨喔。
Hi, Joe. Sawadika. Cherry, my sister. How are you? It's good.
嗨,乔。你好。绮莉妹妹。今天怎么样?挺好的。
Pata Paplean specializes in Thai boat noodles, and it's a really funky Thai bar with this crazy decor, and the owner's on a trip.
Pata Paplean这家店的特色是泰国船面,这是一个非常时髦的泰式酒吧,装饰非常奇葩,而且这家店的主人特逗。
Where did you learn how to make the boat noodles?
你是从哪里学会做这个船面的?
I used to cook with my mom when I was in Thailand before I moved to New York.
搬来纽约之前,我在泰国的时候和我妈妈学过做饭。
And then, no other place that make it in New York. Aha. So it was out of necessity...That's why I-- Yeah, that's why I try to make it in here.
而纽约又没有人做。原来是这样啊,所以也是因为需要才做的是吧——没错,就是因为这样我才开始卖这个的。
One of my favorite Tibetan restaurants, Lhasa Fast Food,
我最喜欢的藏族餐厅,拉萨快餐
is nestled in-between You and Me Wireless and Little Myanmar Mini Mart, one of the best places for Tibetan Beef Momos.
坐落在你和我无线商店和小缅甸迷你超市之间,吃藏族牛肉馍馍来这里最合适不过了。
If you think you're lost on the way in, just look for the prayer flags.
如果你走着走着觉得自己迷路了,那就顺着风马旗往里面走就是了。
What makes the Moma unique is the masala, or seasoning, that's in there.
他们家的馍馍特别就特别在它里面有马沙拉这种香料。
So you find Sichuan peppercorn, ginger, celery, onion.
有四川的花椒,有生姜,芹菜,还有洋葱。
I like to think of them as the hamburgers of the Himalayas, and I mean that as a compliment.
我喜欢把它们当成是喜马拉雅汉堡,这是我对它的赞美之词。
The reason that places like this resonate with me is because they're not trying to make it the next it thing, the next Instagram food.
这种地方之所以能够引起我的共鸣,是因为他们并没有试图把自己的美食变成下一种流行美食或网红美食
It's just like, "Hey, this is what we make back home. If you like it, too, come on in."
他们好像在对你说,“嘿,我们老家就吃这个,你要是也喜欢,那就进来坐坐吧。”
Queens has everything.
皇后区什么都有。
Go explore the neighborhood and find what's out there.
多去街头巷尾转一转,看看有什么可吃的。
It's super easy, accessible, delicious, and people are a lot more welcoming and open than you might think.
这种方法非常简单,也很方便,那些美食都非常好吃,人也比你想象的更热情,更开放。