"We have to go, Dr. Reeves!" Anne said excitedly.
“我们要走了,里夫斯教授!”安妮兴奋地说。
"That was Bill on the phone. He is at a restaurant called Cafe Pico. Sarah's been kidnapped!"
是比尔的电话。他在一家叫做比科咖啡的地方。萨拉被绑架了!”
"Kidnapped? Are you sure?" I asked, somewhat incredulously.
“绑架?你确定?”我有些怀疑的问道。
"I'm sure. Someone has taken Sarah," Anne replied.
“确定。有人抓了萨拉,”安妮答道。
"Bill said that a man is holding her, and he will kill her if we don't give him the ransom he's demanding."
“比尔说那个男人抓住了她,如果我们不给给赎金,那个男人就会杀了她。
Anne was pulling me to the door of the apartment. "Come on! Bill said he will explain at the restaurant."
安妮拉着我走道公寓门口。“快点!比尔说他会在餐厅解释的。”
I closed the door to the apartment and followed Anne down the stairs and into my car.
我关上公寓的门,跟着安妮下楼,坐进我的车里。
The weather was typical for Los Angeles: sunny, 75 degrees, with brown smog covering the city.
典型的洛杉矶天气“晴天、75度、棕色的雾笼罩城市。
L.A. is a city of dreams. But for some people, it's a city of nightmares.
L.A.是一座梦幻之城。但多一些人来说,这是一座噩梦之城。
Anne and I drove down Robertson Avenue in my old red Mustang, going around cars as fast as we could without causing a pile-up.
安妮和我开着我那老式的红色野马来到罗伯森大街,我们快速驱车,并保证不会造成连环撞车事故。
"Where is this cafe again?" I asked her.
“咖啡厅在哪来着?”我问她。
"On Robertson and Pico, next to a bookstore," Anne answered. She was justifiably nervous. You could tell it in her eyes.
“在罗伯森大街的比科咖啡,在一个书店旁边,”安妮回答。她很紧张。我可以从她的眼睛里看出来。