Question: I was fascinated by your story about the 1998 MTV Video Music Awards,
问:我很喜欢你在1998年MTV音乐录影带大奖的颁奖典礼上的故事,
where you went in that famous dress to make fun of ogling.
就是你穿着那件着名的连衣裙恶搞抛媚眼的情形。
Answer: It was a middle finger, yes.
答:我的确是在鄙视他们,没错。
It was a first appearance after the sexual assault.
那是我在性侵事件后的首次亮相。
And I was like, Is this what you motherf-ckers want to say? Let's go.
当时我是觉得,你个XX养的是想说这个吗?那我们就说!
Question: And yet it was completely—
问:但你的意思完全被……
Answer: Misinterpreted. Global slut-shaming.
答:被误解了。全世界都开始对我进行“荡妇羞辱”。
Question: Is there a way that women can own their sexuality without being sexualized?
问:有没有办法可以让女性在性行为上能够自己做主而不被性别化呢?
Answer: Yes. Own it. Tell them, “Stop it.”
答:有。你就自己做主。告诉他们,“停下。”
I got so tired of how I speak.
我已经十分厌倦我说话的方式了。
I was like, “I can’t do this individually anymore. I can’t. I have to live my life.”
我当时就想,“我再也不能一个人这样了。不能。我得过我自己的生活了。”
I have an album coming out, the other half of the book.
我的专辑马上就要出了,那张专辑可以说是这本书的另一半。
And (the documentary) Citizen Rose is part of the plan.
还有我的(纪录片)《公民罗斯》也是计划的一部分。
They all started three years ago, very much on purpose.
这些作品都是我三年前就开始筹备的,而且是带有很强的目的性。
I was like, O.K., I’ve got three years that I want to devote to this cause.
当时我是觉得,行,我有三年的时间,来做这件事。
Then I want my life back.
我想要回我的生活。
Question: You say that you belonged to two cults ...Answer: Three, if you talk about society.
问:你说你属于两个邪教......答:三个,算上社会的话。
Question: You were born into the notorious Children of God,
一是你出生在信上帝的家庭里,
but why do you call Hollywood a cult?
但你为什么说好莱坞也是邪教呢?
Answer: It’s the same language.
答:因为好莱坞说的也是同一种语言。
The messaging was the same—all the messages, really, that are handed down to women.
教导也是一样的,传给女性的所有的教导都是一样的。
The Man is telling you what he wants.
也就是男人告诉女人他想要什么。
It’s a propaganda machine.
这是一台宣传机器。
All the Trump voters, they’re right about Hollywood.
所有支持特朗普的选民,他们对好莱坞的看法都是正确的。
Their impression of it is completely spot-on.
现实完完全全就是他们印象中的那个样子。
Ironically, they can’t see what’s happening in their life, and their own cult.
讽刺的是,他们却无法看清自己生活的真相,以及他们自己信的邪教。
Question: You were put in rehabilitation after trying LSD once.
问:你试过一次LSD后就被送进了康复中心。
You were homeless.
当时你无家可归。
You had an eating disorder.
还饮食失调。
Do you worry that you inherited some of your dad’s mental-health problems?
你有没有担心自己是遗传了父亲的心理健康问题呢?
Answer: Of course.
答:当然有了。
The only thing that runs in my family is the urge to destroy oneself.
我们家唯一的血脉联系就是毁灭自己的冲动。
It’s a very strange thing when your own brain wants you to die.
你自己的大脑想你死其实是一件很奇怪的事情。
Final Question: People are beginning to say that #MeToo has gone too far,
最后一问:人们开始说#MeToo运动变得极端了,
that bad dates are now being called assaults.
糟糕的约会都被说成是侵犯。
Final answer: Bad dates might be assaults.
最后一答:糟糕的约会可能会变成侵犯。
How does that person judging from the outside know what’s inside of a girl?
仅仅从外表判断,你怎么知道女孩儿在想什么呢?
We have collective Stockholm syndrome.
我们都有斯德哥尔摩综合症。
And the amount of female misogynists is epic.
厌恶同性的女性的数量又何其多!