手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

为什么水会伤害我们的鼻子

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's really nice out today, but it's also very hot.

今天外面的天气真得很棒,但也太热了。
So Squeaks and I want to go swimming to cool us off!
于是我和吱吱想去游泳降降温。
But I was a little worried about going in the pool because of what happened to me last time.
但是我因为上次发生的事,对去泳池有点儿担心。
I was learning how to do a special jump into the water, a cannonball, remember, Squeaks?
我当时正学习如何做一个特殊的跳水动作——加农炮跳水,吱吱,你还记得吗?
But whenever I tried to do it, I kept getting water up my nose!
但是每当我尝试去做的时候,总是把水弄到鼻子里!
Now, you should never put anything up your nose on purpose,
你不应该故意把东西塞进鼻子里,
but when I was jumping in the pool, water got up there by accident. And it hurt!
但当我跳进泳池的时候,水却意外地灌进了鼻子里,它受伤了!
The water stung, and it made my eyes water and my nose run.
水刺痛了我,它让我流泪、流鼻涕。
So I don't really want that to happen again today. But Squeaks had a great idea.
所以我今天真不想再发生那样的事了。但吱吱有个好主意。
He remembered that sometimes when you're worried about something,
他记得有时你在担心某事时,
learning more about it can make it seem less scary.
更多地了解它能让它看起来不那么可怕。
So learning about why water hurts my nose could help me be less worried about it happening!
所以了解水为什么伤害我的鼻子能让我减少对它发生的担心!
And it is something I was wondering about.
这是我想知道的事。
Water doesn't hurt when I touch it or taste it, so why does it hurt when it gets up my nose?
水在我触摸或品尝它时不会伤害我,那么为什么它在进入我的鼻子时会伤害我呢?
Well, it turns out that the insides of our noses are really sensitive!
原来我们的鼻子内部是非常敏感的!
Something that might not hurt another part of your body can irritate, or bother your nose.
一些可能不会伤害你身体其他部位的东西会刺激或者惹怒你的鼻子。
And there are a few things about water that might hurt your nose.
水伤害你的鼻子可能有几个原因。
The first thing is that it's cold!
第一是水很凉!
The inside of your nose is pretty warm, and when cold water, like from the pool, suddenly cools it down, it can hurt.
你的鼻子内部相当温暖,当冷水比如泳池的水突然让它冷却时,它可能会受伤。
It's like when you eat ice cream too fast and you get a headache for a few seconds.
这就像你吃冰淇淋太快时会有几秒钟的头痛一样。

water.png

Another reason has to do with the difference between the water and what's inside your body.

另一个相关的原因是泳池的水与体内的水有差异。
There's lots of water inside of your body, including in your nose.
你的体内有很多水,你的鼻子也有。
The difference is, the water in your body is mixed with some salt, and the water from the pool isn't.
差别是,体内的水与盐混合了,而泳池的水没有。
That might not sound like a big deal, but it can be!
这听起来可能不是大事,但它有可能是!
Your nose tries to absorb, or take in, more of the water,
你的鼻子想要吸收更多的水,
so its insides can become less salty like the water from the pool.
这样它的内部含盐就少了,就像泳池里的水一样。
And the extra water coming in hurts a little.
此时多余的水灌进来可能会有点儿疼。
The cold and extra water are only the beginning, though.
不过,冷水和多余的水只是开始。
Whenever anything hurts your nose, it starts to make lots of mucus, that's snot, to help get rid of the thing that hurts.
当有东西伤害到你的鼻子时,它会产生大量的粘液也就是鼻涕,来帮助消灭那些伤害你的东西。
Your eyes also start to water, which cleans them out too, just in case.
你的眼睛也会开始流泪,这也是为了以防万一,把它们清理干净的方式。
Sometimes people take medicine that involves putting what looks like water up their nose,
人们有时服用药物,包括把看起来水一样的东西塞进鼻子里,
like to help them breathe when they have a cold.
就像在他们感冒时能帮助他们呼吸一样。
But that doesn't hurt, because it's not just water,
但这不会伤害你,因为它不只含水,
it's water with some salt in it, like what's already inside your body.
它还含盐,就像你体内的水一样。
And it's usually warm, so it doesn't hurt your nose by being too cold.
而且它通常是暖的,所以不会因为太冷而伤到你的鼻子。
You're right, Squeaks, that was really helpful!
吱吱,你说得对,这太有帮助了!
I feel like I know much more about why the water hurt my nose.
我觉得我对水伤害我鼻子的原因知道得更多了。
So now I just have to think of a way to stop the water from getting into my nose in the first place …
所以现在我先要想办法阻止水进入我的鼻子...
Oh, I know! I can try blowing out through my nose as I land in the pool.
噢,我知道了,我在抵达泳池时可以试着用鼻子呼气。
That should stop water from getting in there!
这应该能阻止水进入鼻子。
Oh, good point, Squeaks! Even if I do get water up my nose, it will feel better pretty quickly.
哦,吱吱,说得好!即使水进入了我的鼻子,它很快就会变好的。
OK, I feel much more prepared to go on the water now!
好了,我觉得我现在更有准备去下水了!
Thanks for all of your help, Squeaks!
吱吱,感谢你的帮助!
And thanks to all of you for joining us!
同时也感谢你们的收看!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me, hit the subscribe button,
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共享美好时光,就点击订阅吧,
and don't forget to check us out on the YouTube Kids app.
不要忘了在YouTube Kids应用上查看我们。
Thanks, and we'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
感谢您的收看,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
irritate ['iriteit]

想一想再看

v. 激怒,使 ... 发怒,使疼痛或发炎

联想记忆
salty ['sɔ:lti]

想一想再看

adj. 咸的

联想记忆
sensitive ['sensitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
absorb [əb'sɔ:b]

想一想再看

vt. 吸纳,吸引 ... 的注意,吞并

联想记忆
bother ['bɔðə]

想一想再看

v. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心
n. 烦扰,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。