"But I tried talking to the police, Dr. Reeves! They told me to fill out some forms and wait. They won't do anything.
“但是我报了警,里夫斯先生!他们告诉我去填一些表格,然后等着。他们什么也不会做。
That's why I went to you for help!" She began to cry a little.
所以我才去找你帮忙!”她开始抽泣。
I stopped and looked at her for a second: God, I thought, this poor kid. Twenty-two, and in such pain.
我停下来,看了她一会:天啊,我想,这个可怜的孩子。22岁的她如此痛苦。
"Okay, well, we won't find anything else here. Let's go," I said to her.
“好吧,我们在这里什么也找不到。我们走吧,”我跟她说。
Just then I heard a telephone ringing. I turned to the phone on the table, but there was no sound.
就在这时,我听到了电话铃响。我走近桌边的电话,但是没声。
Then I saw Anne reach inside her purse: it was her cellular phone!
然后我看到安妮伸进她的钱包:是她的手机!
"That's my cell phone, Dr. Reeves." Anne said. "Hello?"
“是我的手机,里夫斯先生。”安妮说。“你好?”
I watched Anne's face as she answered the phone. First it was happy, then worried, then very sad.
安妮接电话的时候,我看着她的脸。首先是开心,然后担心,然后非常悲伤。
"Right...10 minutes...yes...see you there...bye!" Anne hung up and looked at me in fear.
“好的..10分钟...好的...那里见...再见!”安妮挂了电话并恐慌的看着我。
"That was Bill. Something terrible has happened! "
“是比尔。出事了!”