手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

四步让你建造完美沙堡

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's time to head outside and play!

该出去玩了!
And it's summer, so you know what that means: we can play in the sand!
现在是夏天,所以你知道这意味着什么:我们可以在沙滩上玩!
Maybe you've had a chance to play in some sand, too, in your own yard, or at school, or even at the beach.
也许你曾有机会在你家院子里或学校里的沙滩上甚至海滩上玩耍。
If you have, you know it can be a lot of fun to play in!
如果你有过这经历,就会知道在沙滩玩耍很有趣!
Sometimes I like to let sand flow through my fingers, or have Squeaks bury my hands or feet.
有时我喜欢让沙子从指间流过,或者让吱吱把我的手或脚埋起来。
But one of the coolest things you can do with sand is build stuff.
但是你可以用沙子做得最酷的一件事是建造东西。
Yes, Squeaks, like sandcastles!
没错,吱吱,可以建沙堡!
But it can be tricky to build a sandcastle that doesn't just crumble away.
但建造一个不会倒塌的沙堡是很困难的。
Big sand piles are fun too, but they're no castle!
大沙堆也很有趣,但它们不是城堡!
So here are four tips to help you build an awesome sandcastle!
这里有四个小技巧可以帮助你建造一个很棒的沙堡!
Step one: use plenty of water.
第一步:使用大量的水。
Water is the key to building a great sandcastle,
水是建造好沙堡的关键,
because sand that's too dry doesn't stick together at all!
因为沙子太干了,根本不会粘在一起!
And here's why: if you could look at sand closely, I mean, really closely,
原因在于:如果你非常近距离地观察沙子,
you would see that it's made of tiny pieces called grains.
你会看到它们是由细小的颗粒制成的。
If you try to build a sandcastle out of dry sand, the grains just fall apart.
如果你试图用干沙子建造一个沙堡,沙粒就会四分五裂。
There's nothing to hold them together.
没有能把它们连在一起的东西。
But if you mix water in with the sand, then something really neat happens.
但是如果你把水和沙子混在一起,就会发生一些非常奇妙的事。
Little drops of water, so small that you can't see them, squeeze in between the grains of sand.
小水滴,小到看不见的水滴会挤在沙粒之间。
The teeny water droplets stick to the grains of sand,
小水滴粘在沙粒上,
and form what are kind of like little bridges between the grains.
并在沙粒之间形成类似的小桥。
These bits of water act like glue to hold the grains of sand together.
这些小水滴像胶水一样把沙粒粘在一起。
If you don't use enough water, there won't be enough of these bridges, and the sand will fall apart.
如果你的水用得不够多,这些桥就会不够多,沙子就会瓦解。

sand.png

So make sure you mix plenty of water in with the sand that you're going to use to build your sandcastle.

所以,一定要用大量的水和沙子混合,这样你就可以建造沙堡了。
Step two: give your sand a way, and some time to drain.
第二步:给沙子一条路,花一些时间去排水。
Draining the sand means making sure there's not too much water in it.
给沙子排水意味着确保沙子里没有太多的水。
If it starts to look more like soup, that means there's too much water for those little bridges to form,
如果它看起来更像汤,就意味着水太多了,形不成小桥了,
and the grains of sand won't stick together.
这些沙粒也不会粘在一起。
So you should let the extra water drain from the sand before you start on your castle.
所以,你应该在开始建造城堡之前,排掉沙子中多余的水。
That might mean using a tool with holes in it, so that the extra water can get out.
这可能意味着你要使用一个有洞的工具,这样多余的水就可以流出来了。
Or you might want to just let your sand sit for a few minutes before you get started.
或者你可以让沙子静置几分钟,然后才开始建造沙堡。
Once the extra water is drained out of the sand, you're ready to move on to …
一旦多余的水从沙子里排出来,你就准备好开始……
Step number three: make the castle's base.
第三步:建造城堡的地基。
Every sturdy building, whether it's a skyscraper or a sandcastle, needs a sturdy base, or bottom.
任何坚固的建筑物,无论是摩天大楼还是沙堡,都需要坚固的地基或底部。
If the bottom isn't strong enough to hold it up, it could crumble or tip over!
如果底部没有足够的力量支撑它,它可能会崩溃或倾覆!
A good sandcastle base is made out of tightly packed sand.
一个好的沙堡地基是由紧密压实的沙子组成的。
So, if you're using a bucket or cup, make sure you press on the sand to pack it in tightly.
所以,如果你用的是水桶或杯子,一定要把沙子压紧。
And if you don't have a bucket or cup, no problem!
如果你没有水桶或杯子,也没问题!
Just make a pile of sand, and press on it as hard as you can.
只需要一堆沙子,然后尽可能地用力压它。
Then, add more sand on top, and press again.
然后,在上面再加些沙子,再按。
Do this over and over until you have a nice, big pile of sand that's tightly packed.
一遍又一遍地这样做,直到一大堆沙子都被紧紧得压实了。
Step 4: use your imagination to make your castle awesome!
第四步:用你的想象力让城堡变得更棒!
Once you have a nice, sturdy base, you're ready to shape your castle!
一旦你有了坚固的好地基,就准备好塑造你的沙堡吧!
You can use your hands and fingers to shape the walls.
你可以用手和手指来制作墙壁。
Then, you're ready to add towers, seashells, or anything you can imagine!
然后,你就可以添加塔、贝壳或任何你能想到的东西!
Just make sure not to add too much sand on top of your base, or your castle might crumble.
不要在你的地基上加太多沙子,否则你的沙堡会崩塌。
And no matter what kind of castle you build, don't forget to have fun while you're doing it!
无论你建造什么样的城堡,在建造时,别忘了享受其中的乐趣!
I can't wait keep working on my sandcastle and make it even more awesome!
我等不及要继续建造我的沙堡,让它变得更棒了!
If you build a sandcastle of your own, we'd love to see it!
如果你自己建了沙堡,我们很想看看!
Grab a grownup and send us an email tokids@scishow.com.
找个大人帮忙,发送邮件至kids@scishow.com
In the meantime, don't forget to hit the subscribe button,
与此同时,不要玩了点击订阅键,
and we'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
glue [glu:]

想一想再看

n. 胶,胶水,胶粘物
vt. 粘贴,紧附于

 
castle ['kɑ:sl]

想一想再看

n. 城堡
v. 置于城堡中,(棋)移动王车易

 
squeeze [skwi:z]

想一想再看

v. 压榨,挤压,塞进
n. 压榨,勒索,榨取

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
base [beis]

想一想再看

n. 基底,基础,底部,基线,基数,(棒球)垒,[化]碱

 
drain [drein]

想一想再看

n. 下水道,排水沟,消耗
v. 耗尽,排出,

 
sturdy ['stə:di]

想一想再看

adj. 强健的,健全的

联想记忆
bucket ['bʌkit]

想一想再看

n. 水桶
vt. 装在桶里
vi.

 
crumble ['krʌmbl]

想一想再看

v. 崩溃,弄碎,减亡

 
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 哪只手更强些 2018-05-30
  • 为什么真菌很厉害 2018-06-04
  • 人类的远亲 2018-06-14
  • 自己造井乐趣多 2018-06-19
  • 雾从哪里来 2018-06-29
  • 下一篇:人类的远亲
    发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。