10 Steps to Master Public Speaking
10步掌握公众演讲
We've all had our encounters with public speaking, whether is was to entertain, inform, or persuade.
我们都遭遇过公众演讲,不论是为了娱乐、传递消息或是说服别人。
Although we're taught about it in school, we still feel uncomfortable when the time comes to stand in front of a large audience.
虽然我们在学校都学过,但当我们要站在一群观众面前的时候,还是会感到不适应。
There are several factors that contribute to our fear of public speaking, or glossophobia, as it's called.
以下几点因素有助于克服我们的公众演讲恐惧,或是言语恐怖。
Feeling the size of the audience magnifies our mistakes, which amplifies our fear.
观众人数会夸大我们的错误,增加我们的恐惧。
In a crowd of a hundred people, a single misstep might as well have been a hundred missteps.
站在一百人面前,一个失误可能也会变成一百个失误。
And it makes sense. We fear the risk of criticism, especially among strangers.
这也有道理。我们害怕受到批评,尤其是在一群陌生人面前。
We feel they are prone to be more honest in their reactions, thus making us value their opinion on our performance above our own opinion.
我们觉得他们的反应可能更加诚实,因此,我们重视他们对我们的表现所做出的评论。
Not to mention how engaging in a one-way verbal communication can be pretty awkward.
更别提参加这种单方面的口头交流时,那是相当尴尬啦。
Although it's expected for the crowd to keep quiet until the person speaking has finished,
虽然演讲时要求观众保持安静,
not getting immediate feedback can be a scary thing if you're the one in front of that crowd.
但是当你站在一群人面前时,得不到及时的反馈是一件恐怖的事。
To become of master of public speaking, you need to break it down into three sections.
要成为演讲大师,你需要将演讲分成三个部分。
We've comprised a list divided into before, during, and after.
我们将演讲分成,演讲前、演讲时以及演讲后。
Preparing for your delivery.
准备你的演讲。
Number one: revise your draft.
1.修正你的草稿。
Review your presentation and check for grammar, coherence, and train of thought.
修改你的演讲稿并检查语法、连贯性以及一连串的或思路。
Two: memorize your lines.
2. 背熟演讲词。
Read it out loud and practice the appropriate gestures.
大声读出来并练习合适的姿势。
Nonverbal language is just as important as the spoken stuff.
非口头语言和你的演讲词一样重要。
Three: simulate your delivery to a familiar audience.
3. 邀请一名你熟悉的观众模仿演讲。
Narrow your audience down to one or two people you know.
将你的观众缩小至一到两个你认识的人。
Maybe a friend or a family member.
可以是你的朋友或家人。
This is a good opportunity to get feedback from them as well.
这也是获得他们反馈的好机会。
During delivery.
演讲时。
Four: show up on time and neatly groomed. You're going to be the center of attention here.
4. 准时出场,着装整洁。你将成为全场的焦点。
Outward appearances leave a great first impression. So make sure you look presentable.
外表留下极好的第一印象。所以确保自己着装合适。
Five: simulate temporary narcissism.
5.模仿暂时的自我陶醉。
When you feel conceited, you don't care what others think of you.
当你感觉自我良好时,你就不会在意别人的想法了。
Being confident in what you're going to say and do will supress the nervousness.
对自己所说所作要有自信,这样可以压制住紧张感。
Six: make eye contact.
6. 眼神交流。
Choosing a random member of the audience and holding eye contact with them for a few seconds
随机选一位观众并与他们进行几秒钟的眼神交流
psychologically helps narrow down the audience into a single person.
这在心理上能够帮助将观众群缩减至一个人。
Repeat this by choosing a new person a few times throughout your presentation.
在演讲过程中,隔一段时间就换一个重复这个过程。
Seven: be passionate with your speech.
7. 对自己的演讲充满热情。
Body language is very important when it comes to oral presentations.
进行口头演讲时,肢体语言非常重要。
Feeling the emotions in your every word will make your body move on its own.
感受每个词的情感能够让你的肢体随之摆动。
After the show.
演讲之后。
Eight: take some time to wind down.
8. 花时间让自己放松。
After delivering a presentation, your body and mind are bound to be tired.
演讲之后,你的身体和大脑一定很疲劳了。
Your heart might still be pounding and your ears ringing. Make sure to relax. Breathe deeply. It's done.
或许你的心还在怦怦跳,你的耳朵还在嗡嗡响。一定要放松下来,深呼吸。演讲已经结束了。
Nine: focus on what you've accomplished.
9. 专注自己已经做成的事情。
You've just delivered a message. Don't waste time thinking about that word you might have missed.
你刚刚完成了一场演讲诶。不要浪费时间回想你说错的那个词啦。
What's important is you've just completed a presentation. Congratulations!
重要的是你完成了一次演讲。恭喜你!
Ten: ask an audience member how you did.
10. 询问观众的反馈。
Receiving feedback is what drives us to improve, fix our mistakes, or strive for bigger goals.
接受反馈驱使我们提升、修补自己的错误或是追寻更高的目标。
Public speaking, like all other abilities, requires practice.
和其他所有的能力一样,演讲也是要有耐心的。
Positive or negative, we should take it as an opportunity to do better.
不论好坏,我们应该把它当做是一次进步的机会。
Public speaking plays a large role in the professional world, so it's a skill worth mastering.
公众演讲在职业生涯中扮演重要角色,所以是值得掌握的技能。
We hope to have helped you with these few tips!
我们希望以上技巧能够帮助到你!