Conversation A
对话A
Rob: Welcome to the program, Ms. Fish!
罗布:欢迎来到本节目,菲什小姐!
Fish: Thank you, Rob.
菲什:谢谢你,罗布。
Rob: You own a pet store, right?
罗布:你有一家宠物店,对吧?
Fish: Yes, I do. I sell pets, and I also sell food and toys for pets.
菲什:是的。我卖宠物,也卖宠物的食物和玩具。
Rob: What is the best pet?
罗布:最好的宠物是什么?
Fish: The best pet is different for every person.
菲什:对每个人来说,最好的宠物都不一样。
Rob: So how do you choose a good pet?
罗布:那你是怎么选择一个好的宠物呢?
Fish: You need to think about several things.
菲什:你必须考虑几个问题。
Conversation B
对话B
Rob: What should you think about?
罗布:你要考虑的是什么问题?
Fish: Think about your life. Your pet should match your life.
菲什:要考虑你的生活。你的宠物应该能和你的生活配合上。
Rob: What do you mean?
罗布:你的意思是?
Fish: Well, some pets sleep all day and play all night. If you like to go to bed early, don't get one of those pets.
菲什:嗯,有些宠物整个白天会睡觉,而整晚都在玩耍。如果你想早点儿睡觉,不要选这些宠物。
Rob: And if you don't like exercise, don't get a big dog!
罗布:如果你不喜欢锻炼,也不要养大狗!
Fish: Right. Big dogs need a lot of exercise.
菲什:没错。大狗需要很多的运动。
Conversation C
对话C
Rob: What else should you think about?
罗布:你要考虑的还有哪些?
Fish: Can you take care of your pet? Before you get a pet, learn about its habits. Learn how to take care of it.
菲什:你能照顾你的宠物吗?在拥有一只宠物之前,要了解它的习性。要了解怎样去照顾它。
Rob: And you should think about the cost.
罗布:而且你应该考虑花销的问题。
Fish: Yes. Some pets are expensive to feed. And vet care is also expensive.
菲什:是的。一些宠物的饲料费很高。而兽医护理也很昂贵。
Rob: So, friends, think about those things. Then choose the right pet for you!
罗布:所以,朋友们,要考虑好这些事情。然后选择对你来说最好的宠物!