手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

长大的肥皂

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Squeaks and I tried a new experiment today!

我和吱吱今天试了一个新实验!
OK, Squeaks is really excited to show you, so check out what happened!
吱吱很兴奋地想展示给你,所以我们看看会发生什么吧!
How cool is that?!
这多酷啊!
We tried this experiment because we heard that there's a special kind of soap
我们尝试这个实验,是因为我们听说有一种特殊肥皂,
that looks like it's growing when you heat it up in microwave.
它在微波炉里加热时会变大。
It was so fun the first time that we're going to try it again.
第一次尝试很有趣,我们要再试一次,
And that's a big part of doing science,
尝试是科学研究的一个重要部分,
it's important to try experiments more than once to see if the same thing happens every time!
重要的是要多次尝试,看看每次发生的事情是否相同!
The soap we're going to use is called Ivory brand soap,
我们要用的肥皂叫做象牙牌香皂,
and we're using it because it's made a little differently than some other soaps.
我们用它是因为它的制造方法和其他肥皂有点儿不同。
Well, when this type of soap is made,
当制造这种肥皂时,
it's whipped and moved around really quickly, trapping air bubbles inside the soap.
要快速搅拌并来回移动,在肥皂里面套住气泡。
If you've ever baked a cake and used an egg beater to make the eggs all fluffy, it's kind of like that!
如果你曾经烤过蛋糕,并用打蛋器打蛋让它变得蓬松,就和这个过程有点儿像!
If you break open a bar of this type of soap with your hands,
如果你用手掰开这种肥皂,
you can actually see small pockets of air all throughout the soap, and that's where the bubbles were.
就可以在整块肥皂中看到一个个空气小间隙,也就是气泡的位置。
But those pockets have more than just air. They also hold tiny bits of water vapor.
但是这些小间隙不仅仅是空气,它们也含有少量的水蒸气。
That's water in the form of a gas, and it's part of the air all around us.
水蒸气是水的气体形式,它是我们周围空气的一部分。
You can even feel it sometimes, when it's raining or very hot outside and the air feels kind of heavy.
当下雨或天气很热,空气感觉有点儿湿重的时候,你甚至可以感受得到它。
And now, some of that air has been trapped inside this bar of soap!
现在,一些空气被困在了这块肥皂里!
OK, let's see what happens to those gases when we heat them up.
让我们看看这些气体加热时会发生什么吧。
For this experiment, the first thing you should do is get permission and help from a grown-up,
要进行这个实验,你要做的第一件事是得到大人的许可和帮助,
because the soap will get very hot.
因为肥皂会变得很烫。
Then, you'll need a bar of Ivory brand soap, a knife, a plate, and...a microwave to put the soap into!
然后,你需要一块象牙牌香皂、一把刀、一个盘子,还有……把肥皂放进去的微波炉!
First, have your grown-up assistant help you cut the bar of soap into four small chunks.
首先,让你的大人助手帮你把肥皂块切成四小块。
Make sure the soap is on the plate with a bit of space between each of the chunks.
把肥皂块放在盘子上,确保彼此之间留有一点儿空间。
Then, put the plate into the microwave for one minute.
接着,把盘子放进微波炉里加热一分钟。
You and your grown-up assistant should keep an eye on the microwave,
你和你的大人帮手要盯着微波炉,
to make sure the soap doesn't grow too much. Ready, Squeaks?
保证肥皂不会变的太大。吱吱,准备好了吗?

soap.png

Wow, it looks like the soap is really growing!

哇哦!肥皂看起来真得在长大!
Check out all the fantastic shapes it's turning into as it changes!
看看它在变化时都是什么奇形怪状!
Wow, what a change! Let's wait a few minutes for our soap explosion to cool down.
哇,变化多大啊!我们等几分钟,让肥皂爆炸冷却下来。
Wow! What do you think made this soap act so strangely when we heated it up in the microwave?
哇哦!当我们用微波炉加热时,你觉得是什么让这块肥皂这么奇怪?
I think you might be right, it was the bubbles inside the soap!
我觉得你可能说对了,因为肥皂里面的气泡!
When the microwave heated it up,
当微波炉加热时,
something started to change with the air and water vapor inside those little pockets in the soap.
肥皂小空隙里的空气和水蒸气中的某些物质开始变化。
When the air and water heated up, that gave them lots more energy.
当加热空气和水时,就给了它们更多能量。
So they started moving around a lot to use up some of that energy!
所以它们开始四处移动以消耗一些能量!
It's almost like when Squeaks gets really excited about something
这就像吱吱兴奋的时候,
and he starts bouncing around a little!
会开始蹦跳一样!
But those little pockets in the soap don't have much room in them.
但是肥皂里的小空隙里没有多少空间。
So as the air and water vapor move around,
所以随着空气和水蒸气的流动,
they're trying to escape to somewhere they'll have more room.
它们会试图逃到一个有更多空间的地方。
And that means getting out of the tiny air pockets in the soap.
这就意味着它们要从肥皂里的小间隙中钻出来。
While the gases are getting more and more energy from the heat, the soap is getting softer.
当气体从热量中得到越来越多的能量时,肥皂会变得越来越软。
Until little bit by little bit, the air and water vapor start to push out on the soap from the inside.
一点点儿地,直到空气和水蒸气开始从肥皂里喷出来。
And then, the soap starts to expand and grow into this awesome soap explosion!
然后,肥皂开始膨胀,变成这个可怕的肥皂爆炸!
Oh, good idea, Squeaks! It's cooled down enough now, so let's go ahead and feel it.
吱吱,好主意!它现在足够冷却了,我们上前感受一下它吧。
It does still feel like soap, and I bet it'll be even more fun to wash our hands now.
它感觉仍像肥皂,但我打赌用它洗手会更有趣。
I wonder if this would happen with soaps that don't have air pockets trapped inside.
我想知道如果肥皂里面没了困住的空气小泡,洗手会怎么样。
And what if we used smaller pieces of soap?
如果我们用更小的肥皂会怎么样呢?
If you try this experiment, we'd love to hear your results!
如果你尝试这个实验的话,我们很乐意听听你的结果!
Ask a grown-up to help you leave a comment down below,
找个大人帮忙在下方留言。
or send us an email tokids@scishow.com.
或发邮件至kids@scishow.com.
Thanks, and we'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
感谢您的收看,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
permission [pə'miʃən]

想一想再看

n. 同意,许可,允许

联想记忆
escape [is'keip]

想一想再看

v. 逃跑,逃脱,避开
n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃

 
brand [brænd]

想一想再看

n. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记
vt. 打烙印,

联想记忆
soap [səup]

想一想再看

n. 肥皂
vt. 用肥皂洗,阿谀奉承

 
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
beater ['bi:tə]

想一想再看

n. 敲打者,搅拌器

 
vapor ['veipə]

想一想再看

n. 蒸汽

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 指甲有什么作用 2018-05-01
  • 塑料对地球有什么危害 2018-05-05
  • 我们伤心时为什么会哭泣 2018-05-13
  • 带有武器的植物 2018-05-14
  • 5种冰河时代的动物 2018-05-17
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。