手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

扁桃体有什么作用

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I just got back from my checkup at the doctor's office,

我刚从医生的办公室里检查回来,
and I'm happy to report that my doctor says everything is a-okay.
我很高兴地告诉你,我的医生说我一切都好。
I think, Squeaks, I'm really glad to.
吱吱,我觉得很高兴。
Remember when we talked to Dr. Carroll about what the doctor does when we go for a checkup.
记得我们和卡罗尔医生谈过,我们去体检时医生会做什么。
Well, my doctor did a lot of those things,
我的医生做了很多事情,
like when she asked me to open my mouth wide and stick out my tongue and say ah.
比如她让我张大嘴巴,伸出舌头说“啊”时,
while she looked inside my mouth and throat with the light.
会利用灯光检查我的嘴巴和喉咙内部。
Maybe your doctor has done the same thing at one of your checkups.
也许你的医生在对你做检查时做了同样的事。
One of the reasons that the doctor asked you to do that is to see how your tonsils look.
医生让你这么做的一个原因是查看你的扁桃体。
Your tonsils are these little lumps that help your body defend itself against germs that can make you sick.
扁桃体是这些小团块,帮助你的身体抵御致病细菌。
You have a few in different places,
人体的不同部位有几个扁桃体,
like at the back of your nose that you can't see very well from the outside.
比如鼻子后面,你从外面看不太清楚。
But the biggest tonsils you have are in the back of your throat. One on each side.
但是最大的扁桃体在你的喉咙里面,两边各一个。
Those tonsils are what your doctor is looking for.
这些扁桃体就是你的医生寻找的器官。
And with a little help, you can probably see them for yourself.
你在一点儿帮助下可以查看自己的扁桃体。
First, stand in front of a mirror.
首先,站在镜子前面。
Then ask a friend or grown-up to shine a flashlight into the back of your throat
然后让一个朋友或成年人用手电筒把光照进你的喉咙里,
while you open your mouth wide, stick out your tongue and say ah.
这时你张大嘴巴、伸出你的舌头说“啊”。
If you look carefully, you might be able to see two little lumps deep in the back of your throat.
如果你仔细观察,可能会看到喉咙深处有两个小团块。
You shouldn't try and touch them, though.
不过,你不应该尝试触摸它们。
Because you could end up hurting yourself.
因为你最终会伤害到自己。

throat.png

The back of your throat is no place for your fingers,

你的喉咙后面没有容纳手指的空间,
but it is the perfect place for your tonsils to do their job. Try this.
确是扁桃体发挥作用的最佳位置。试试这样做。
Take in a deep breath of air, whether you took that breath in using your nose or your mouth,
深深吸一口气,不管你是用鼻子吸气还是嘴吸气,
the air entered your body through your throat,
空气都通过喉咙进入你的身体,
which means it passed right by your tonsils. And that's a good thing.
这意味着它正好通过你的扁桃体。这是一件好事。
If you could see your tonsils up close,
如果你能近距离看自己的扁桃体,
you notice that they're bumpy and kind of sticky on the outside.
会注意到它们表面凹凸不平,而且有点儿黏。
These sticky bumps trap some of the germs that are mixed in the air that you breathe,
这些粘乎乎的团块会困住混合在吸入空气中的一些细菌,
so your tonsils keep some germs from getting deeper into your body, where they can make you sick.
因此扁桃体能阻止细菌进入身体内部,防止你生病。
And that's not all your tonsils do.
这不是扁桃体的全部作用。
After it traps the germs, your tonsils can also destroy them.
它在困住细菌后,也能破坏它们。
But sometimes trapping too many germs or some especially harmful germs causes problems for your tonsils.
但有时困住太多细菌或一些特别有害的细菌会给扁桃体带来麻烦。
Your tonsils can swell up a little, become red and make your throat feel pretty sore.
你的扁桃腺会肿起来、变红,让你的喉咙感觉很痛。
That's called tonsillitis.
这就叫做扁桃体炎。
If you have tonsillitis, your doctor will probably recommend that you drink lots of liquids and get plenty of rest.
如果你得了扁桃体炎,医生可能会建议你多喝水、多休息。
Your doctor might also suggest that you eat soft or cold foods like smoothies or soups
你的医生也可能建议你吃软或冷的食物,如冰沙或汤。
until your throat starts to feel better.
直到喉咙开始感到舒服了为止。
But if you get tonsillitis a lot,
但是如果你经常患扁桃体炎,
your doctor may suggest that you have your tonsils taken out
医生可能会建议你切除扁桃体。
and that's why some people don't have their tonsils anymore.
这就是为什么有些人不再有它了。
Oh, don't worry. They're just fine without their tonsils.
哦,别担心。没有扁桃体没事。
Even though our tonsils help defend against germs,
即使我们的扁桃体有助于抵御细菌,
there are lots of other parts of our bodies that can help, too.
但我们身体的其他部位也有帮助。
Plus, as we get older, our tonsils don't do as much work
另外,我们长大后,扁桃体的作用就没那么大了,
because the rest of our bodies get stronger at fighting germs.
因为我们身体的其他部位在对抗细菌时变得更强大了。
In fact, if you're a kid, your tonsils are probably bigger than a grown-up's.
事实上,如果你是个孩子,你的扁桃体可能比成年人的还大。
By the time we reach about age 9, our tonsils start to shrink
到了9岁的时候,我们的扁桃体开始萎缩,
and as our tonsils get smaller, so do our chances of a sore throat from tonsillitis.
随着扁桃体变小,我们因扁桃体炎而喉咙痛的机会也越来越小。
But my doctor still likes to check on them to see how they're doing.
但是我的医生还是喜欢检查它们的状况。
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
Do you have any questions about health or the human body or anything at all?
你有关于健康、人体或其他方面的问题吗?
Ask a grown-up to help you leave a comment down below
找个大人帮忙在下方留言,
or send us an email to kids@ scishow.com.
或发邮件至kids@ scishow.com.
Thanks and see you next time, here at the fort.
感谢您的收看,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
trap [træp]

想一想再看

n. 圈套,陷阱,困境,双轮轻便马车
v. 设

 
sticky ['stiki]

想一想再看

adj. 粘的,闷热的,困难的,令人不满意的

 
defend [di'fend]

想一想再看

v. 防护,辩护,防守

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
swell [swel]

想一想再看

v. (使)膨胀,(使)鼓起,(使)增长
n.

联想记忆
recommend [.rekə'mend]

想一想再看

vt. 建议,推荐,劝告
vt. 使成为可取,

联想记忆
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 自己种马铃薯 2018-04-21
  • 我们为什么不能喝海水呢 2018-04-27
  • 指甲有什么作用 2018-05-01
  • 塑料对地球有什么危害 2018-05-05
  • 长大的肥皂 2018-05-11
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。