手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

眼眉有什么作用

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, Squeaks! I have a great idea.

嘿,吱吱,我有个好主意。
I'm going to show you a feeling, like happy or sad,
我将向你展示一种心情,比如快乐或悲伤,
and you are going to guess what I'm thinking of, without me saying a word. Got it? Ready?
而且一句话也不说,你要猜猜我在想什么。明白了吗?准备好了吗?
Do you know what feeling I'm thinking of?
你知道我是什么感觉吗?
You're right, I'm pretending to be scared!
你说对了,我在假装恐惧!
But how can you tell? What's different about my face?
但你怎么知道的呢?我的脸有什么不同吗?
See how my eyebrows go up? That's how you can tell.
看我的眼眉怎么翘起来的?这就是你的答案。
Your brain knows that eyebrows arching up like that means "scared".
你的大脑知道眼眉这样弯成弓形的意思是“害怕”。
Let's try one more! Ready?
我们再试一次!准备好了吗?
Oh no, Squeaks, I'm not really angry!
哦,不,吱吱,我不是真得生气!
Did you all know I was pretending to be angry, too?
你们也都知道我在假装生气了吗?
How could you tell? Look how my eyebrows go down and angle in like that.
你们怎么知道的?看我的眼眉怎么向下弯并形成这样的角度知道的。
When you think about it, it's kind of weird that we have these random bits of hair on our foreheads.
当你想这个问题的时候会发现,我们额头上这些随意的毛发很奇怪。
You have the hair on your head, and then the smooth skin of your face,
我们头上有头发,往下是光洁的脸,
and then bang: two more patches of hair where your eyebrows are.
接下来,砰,重点来了:你的眼眉有两撮毛。
But they're actually really important!
它们真得非常重要!
Your eyebrows help you express all sorts of different emotions to the world, without you having to say a word.
你一句话都不用说,眼眉就能帮助你向世界表达各种不同的情绪,
If your forehead was covered with hair or fur, it would be much harder to see your eyebrows,
如果你的前额被毛发遮住了,眼眉很难看到,
and they wouldn't do as good of a job of expressing different feelings.
那么它们就很难做好表达不同感觉的工作了。
So it helps that they stand out on your face!
眼眉能帮助心情在脸上呈现出来!
Your eyebrows have another job, too, besides helping you show what you're feeling.
你的眼眉除了能帮助你表达感觉之外,还有另一个功能,
They protect your eyes from all sorts of stuff,
它们能保护你的眼睛免受各种东西的伤害,
like water, sweat, and anything else that might get into your eyes.
比如水、汗水以及其他可能进入眼睛里的东西。

eye.png

They're almost like little umbrellas.

它们就像小伞一样。
An umbrella curves downward so that the rain can fall off the sides of it.
雨伞向下弯曲,这样雨水就能从侧面掉下来。
Otherwise, the rain would just collect right on top.
否则,雨水会聚集在伞上面。
That wouldn't be so helpful!
这样帮助并不大!
And your eyebrows have a natural curve to them too, called an arch.
你的眼眉也有自然曲线,叫做眉峰。
It's like a part of a circle, there's a high point in the middle,
它就像圆弧,中间有个高点,
and then both sides of it point downward.
两边向下。
So if you're out in the rain, your eyebrows make sure you don't get water in your eyes,
所以如果你在外淋雨的话,你的眼眉会确保眼睛不会进水,
which would make it hard to see.
不然很难视物。
And when you sweat, which is something your body naturally does to cool itself down,
当你流汗让身体自然降温时,
your eyebrows do the same thing: they keep the sweat out of your eyes!
眼眉也有相同功能:它们把汗水挡在眼睛外面!
You wouldn't want sweat in your eyes because for one thing, it would be hard to see.
你不想汗水进入眼睛里,因为一方面,它会让人难以视物。
Plus, sweat is naturally salty, which could bother your eyes a bit!
还有,汗水是咸的,会让眼睛不舒服!
We know our eyesight is important, because, not to brag, but human vision is pretty incredible.
我们知道视力很重要,因为不是吹牛,人类的视觉真得非常不可思议。
Overall, people are pretty good at seeing things that are far away,
总的说来,人们很擅长看远处的事物,
even if they have to use glasses to help them.
尽管他们不得不借助眼镜。
And when we look at something that's far, we're also good at knowing how far away it is.
当我们看远处的东西时,我们也很擅长知道它的距离。
Plus, most people can see more than a million colors!
而且,大多数人可以看到一百多万种颜色!
So, our eyes are pretty special, and our eyebrows are there to keep them healthy and happy.
所以我们的眼睛非常特别,而眼眉能保持它们的健康舒适。
Scientists think the reason why we have such awesome eyesight
科学家们认为,我们之所以拥有如此惊人的视力
is because a really long time ago, people had to watch out for animals that might attack them.
是因为很久以前,人类必须提防可能袭击他们的动物。
If you were a human way back when,
如果你是那时的人类,
and you were running from a predator like a big hyena or a saber-toothed cat or a poisonous snake,
而且要从捕食者如一只大鬣狗或者剑齿虎或者毒蛇那里逃出来,
you would need to be able to see where the animal was and where you were running to.
就需要能够看到动物的所在地以及你要逃跑的地点。
And if you were sweating, or it was raining,
如果你出汗了,或者下雨了,
or there was dust being kicked up while you were running,
或者有逃跑时踢飞的尘土,
you would not want to get any of that in your eyes!
它们进入眼睛就糟了,你不会让它们进入!
So, in a way, your eyebrows really save the day!
所以,在某种程度上,你的眼眉真的挽救了大局!
These days, you don't need to worry about being chased down by hyenas.
你不用担心被鬣狗追到了。
But it still helps that your eyebrows protect your eyes,
但这对眼眉保护眼睛仍有帮助,
like if it's a hot day and you're running around on the playground,
比如天气炎热或者你在操场上跑来跑去,
or if it's raining and you don't have an umbrella.
或者下雨了,没有雨伞也没关系。
They do all that, and they help you tell the world how you're feeling!
眼眉能做一切,而且能帮助你告诉世界你的感觉!
So, can you guess how I'm feeling now?
你能猜到我现在的心情吗?
That's right! I'm feeling excited, and that's because we've learned so much cool stuff today!
说对了!我感觉很兴奋,因为我们今天学到了很多有趣的内容!
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me,
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共度美好时光,
hit the subscribe button, and we'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
就点击订阅吧,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
overall [əuvə'rɔ:l]

想一想再看

adj. 全部的,全体的,一切在内的
adv.

 
random ['rændəm]

想一想再看

adj. 随机的,随意的,任意的
adv. 随

 
fur [fə:]

想一想再看

n. 毛皮,软毛,皮衣,毛皮制品
vt. 用毛

 
arch [ɑ:tʃ]

想一想再看

n. 拱,拱门,拱状物
v. 成拱形,拱起

 
collect [kə'lekt]

想一想再看

v. 收集,聚集
v. 推论

联想记忆
bother ['bɔðə]

想一想再看

v. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心
n. 烦扰,

联想记忆
smooth [smu:ð]

想一想再看

adj. 平稳的,流畅的,安祥的,圆滑的,搅拌均匀的,可

 
curve [kə:v]

想一想再看

n. 曲线,弯曲,弧线,弯曲物
vt.

 
sweat [swet]

想一想再看

n. 汗,汗水
v. (使)出汗

 
brag [bræg]

想一想再看

n. 吹牛的人,自夸,傲慢的态度 v. 吹牛,炫耀 ad

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 为什么会发生洪水 2018-04-13
  • 为什么啄木鸟啄树不会受伤 2018-04-15
  • 地球从何而来 2018-04-19
  • 自己种马铃薯 2018-04-21
  • 我们为什么不能喝海水呢 2018-04-27
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。