When I get home, I change into my casual clothes and head for the kitchen.
当我回到家时,我换上便服,走向厨房。
I grab my sandwich, a napkin, and sit down at the dining room table to eat.
我拿起我的三明治,一张餐巾,坐在餐厅的桌子旁吃东西。
For my birthday last year, my brother gave me some place mats that have maps of the United States on them.
去年我生日时,我哥哥给了我几个垫子,上面画着美国地图。
I have always been bad at geography so he thought he would be funny and give me something to study while I ate.
我一向地理不好,所以他认为这会很有趣,在我吃饭的时候,让我学习一些东西。
Of course, I haven't learned a thing!
当然,我没有学到东西!
I am still hungry after the sandwich and want some dessert.
吃完三明治,我还是很饿,想吃点甜点。
I preheat the oven and then take a package of ready-made cookies out of the fridge that just needed to be baked.
我预热烤箱,然后从冰箱里拿出一包现成的饼干,只需要烘烤就能食用。
I get out a cookie sheet and put some aluminum foil on it.
我拿出一块饼干纸,在上面放了一些铝箔。
I always do this when I bake because this way, I don't have to do any dishes afterwards.
我烤的时候总是这样,因为这样,我就不用洗碗了。
I could just throw away the foil.
我可以扔掉铝箔纸。
Then, I shape the dough into circles, put them on the cookie sheet, and put the pan into the oven.
然后,我把面团揉成圆圈,放在饼干纸上,然后把烤盘放进烤箱里。
After 15 minutes, I put on my oven mitts and take the pan out.
15分钟后,我戴上手套,把烤盘拿出来。
The cookies smell great, but first, I need to let them cool.
饼干闻起来很棒,但首先,我要让它们凉一凉。
After 30 minutes, I put three of them on a plate and the rest of them in a Tupperware container.
30分钟后,我拿了三个,放在盘子里,其余的放在了一个特百惠收纳盒里。
I'll take those to work tomorrow.
我明天上班带着它们。
That should make the day go by a little faster.
这样一天就能好过一点。