Alright, this is perhaps my favorite sight so far.
好吧,这里可能是我到目前为止最喜欢看到的地方了。
There are 2,000 of these charging stations here in Oslo.
奥斯陆有将近2000个类似的充电桩。
Excuse me can I ask you a couple, I'm so curious about - can I record it? Yeah, of course.
您好,请问我可以问您几个小问题吗?我有点儿好奇……介意我录一下吗?好的,没问题。
So it's it's all free. It's free? Yeah, it's free. This is what you get from buying an electric car.
充电是免费的。免费?是的,免费。这是买电动汽车的福利。
You get free charging and you can go in and out of Oslo without paying for the "bompenger" (toll).
可以免费充电,进出奥斯陆也不需要交bompenger(过路费)。
All of these subsidies we're talking about that help fund these electric cars are funded by what's called sovereign wealth fund.
资助这些电动汽车的所有这些福利都来自于所谓的“主权基金”。
It's this huge fund that Norway has, it's worth almost a trillion dollars. The government owns it.
挪威有丰厚的主权基金,价值将近一万亿美元,为政府所有。
It's basically their rainy day fund and this is what they use to fund the subsidies.
可以说是挪威政府的“雨天基金”,他们就用这个钱来资助电动汽车。
The sovereign wealth fund in Norway is comprised almost entirely of oil money, oil and gas money, fossil fuels.
挪威的主权基金基本上全都是挪威的石油收入,石油,天然气还有化石燃料。
Norway's a huge producer of oil and gas and they sell that to other countries
挪威是主要的石油天然气生产国,他们向其他国家输出,
and reap the benefits in terms of revenue and put that into the sovereign wealth fund which then gets funneled into subsidies for electric cars.
坐收利润,然后将这些钱纳入主权基金,一部分就用来推动电动汽车的应用。
So they're not burning the oil here and releasing carbon into the atmosphere but they're sending off to go be burned somewhere else.
所以挪威不在自己国家燃烧石油,往自己国家的空气中排放二氧化碳,而是把这些石油输送到其他地方。
I asked my friend Tor what he thinks about this.
我询问了我的朋友Tor对此的看法。
Tor, what do you feel about Norway being this green sustainable society, but really depending at the end of the day on fossil fuels in order to make that happen
Tor,挪威表面上是一个倡导环保可持续发展的国家,但归根结底这一切还是靠化石燃料来实现的,对这件事你怎么看?
Is that a tension within the Norwegian psyche?
你们挪威人心里会觉得别扭吗?
So I think the way we resolve it is basically that the world needs oil.
我的看法是,我们这么做是因为世界有石油这方面的需求。
It needs, you know, there's a lot of countries are developing,China, India,
世界需要,很多国家都还是发展中国家,比如中国和印度,
that will always need energy and we would argue that we extract it more greenly than other countries.Yeah.
这些国家始终需要能源,我得说,我们开采石油的方式比其他国家更清洁,是的。
We're buying good conscience for sure, yeah, but like it's better than doing anything.
我们是想买个心安,没错,但这也好过什么都不做吧。
We're fully aware that there's like green shift we're talking about, it's funded by, you know, oil money.
我们很清楚,我们聊的这种绿色转移靠的是石油资金。
The irony is not lost on us in any way.
不管怎么说,还是有点讽刺的。
So I think Tor is right -- I think that the fact that Norway is exporting its carbon footprint to other countries,
我觉得Tor说得没错——我也觉得尽管挪威把碳足迹输出给其他国家了,
it doesn't cancel out all of the wonderful progressive green things that they're doing here.
但这不能完全抵消挪威人为环保所做的一切。
This is a story about incentives and green infrastructure and a green society
今天的故事我们讲的是激励机制,环保基建,还有环保社会,
but it's also a story about how fossil fuels continue to make the world go round.
同时也讲到了化石燃料依然是维持这个世界运转的基础。
I am tired and jet-lagged and haven't slept in like twenty three hours.
我好累,时差也还没倒过来,而且我已经二十三个小时没合眼了。
I'm gonna go to bed.
我要去睡觉了。
It was a fun day chasing Teslas.
今天追随特斯拉的脚步还是很有趣的。
Tomorrow, we're going to the North Pole.
明天我们上北极去。