手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

我们为什么会晕车

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Squeaks and I are going on a road trip!

我和吱吱要进行一次自驾游!
We're off to see the Grand Canyon, a set of huge cliffs in Arizona, in the United States.
我们要去看大峡谷,它是美国亚利桑那州的一处巨大悬崖。
Squeaks is so excited! But, there's one problem:
吱吱太激动了!但有一个问题:
he doesn't feel so good when he's riding in a car. He gets carsick!
他坐车时感觉不舒服,会晕车!
Getting carsick is a type of motion sickness.
晕车是一种晕动病。
Motion sickness is when being in something moving,
晕动病是指你身处运动中的物体时,
like a car, makes you not feel well.
比如汽车,会感觉身体不舒服。
People can also get motion sickness on a boat, or a plane, or even on a roller coaster.
人们也会晕船、晕机甚至是晕过山车。
If you get motion sickness, you might feel nauseous, like you're about to throw up.
如果你得了晕动病,可能会感觉恶心,就像你马上要吐了。
You might also feel dizzy, sweaty, headachey, tired, and generally pretty crummy.
你可能还会感到头晕、出汗、头痛、疲倦,而且通常很糟糕。
One weird thing about motion sickness is that some people get it and some people don't.
关于晕动病的一件怪事是有些人会得,而有些人不得。
Kids tend to get motion sickness more than adults,
儿童比成人更容易患晕动病,
so if you have it now, you might not have it when you're older, or at least it might not be as bad.
所以,如果你现在患有它,长大后可能就没了,或者至少不像现在那么糟糕了。
But in the meantime, there are some ways to help yourself feel a little better.
但与此同时,有些方法可以让你感觉舒服一点儿。
Yeah. It all has to do with what causes motion sickness in the first place.
是的,这一切都与引起晕动病的原因有关。
Think about what's happening when you're riding in a car:
想想你坐车时发生了什么:
You're sitting still, because you're inside a car,
你静静地坐着,因为你在车里,
but the car is moving...so you're also moving!
但车在移动,所以你也在移动!
And that can get your brain kind of mixed up.
这会让你的大脑发生混乱。
Your eyes tell your brain that you're sitting still inside the car,
你的眼睛告诉大脑你平静地坐在车里,
you're buckled in, and you're definitely not running or even walking.
你被扣住了,绝对不能跑,甚至也不能走。
So based on what your eyes are seeing, your brain thinks you're sitting still.
所以基于你的所见,你的大脑认为你正静静地坐着。
But in the meantime, your ears are telling your brain something totally different.
但同时,你的耳朵在告诉大脑完全不同的信息。
And I don't mean because of what you're hearing,
我不是说因为你听到了什么,
because your ears do more than just hear.
因为你的耳朵不只是听东西。

car.png

Your inner ear, a tiny but very important part of your body deep inside your ear,

你的内耳,你耳朵深处的一个很小却很重要的部位,
keeps track of how your body moves around.
跟踪着你身体的移动方式。
And it can tell that you're moving.
它可以告诉你你在移动。
Way inside your ear there are three little tubes,
你的耳朵里面有三个小管子,
and inside each tube is a little bit of liquid and tiny little hairs.
每个管子里面都有一些体液和细小的毫毛。
And when you move, so do the liquid and hairs!
当你移动时,体液和毫毛也在移动!
You can imagine the liquid in your ear like this glass of water.
你可以想象,你耳朵里的体液就像这杯水一样。
When I tilt the glass to the side, the water tilts, too.
当我把杯子倾到一边时,水也会倾斜。
If you tilt your head, the same thing happens to the liquid inside your ear,
如果你侧头,你耳朵里的体液也会照做,
which is how your brain knows that you moved your head.
这就是大脑知道你移动了头的方式。
Now check out what happens when I quickly slide the glass across the table.
现在看看,当我快速把玻璃杯滑过桌子时会发生什么。
See how it moved forward the water sloshes to one side of the glass.
看看它是怎样把水荡向杯子一侧的。
Well, when you're in a car that zooms forward,
当你在一辆极速行驶的汽车上时,
the same thing happens to the liquid in your ear.
你耳朵内的体液也会发生同样的事。
So that's how your ears know you're moving even though you're sitting still inside the car!
所以即使你静静地坐在车里,你的耳朵也知道你在移动!
If you get motion sickness,
你得晕动病,
that's because your brain does not like getting these different messages.
是因为你的大脑不喜欢得到这些不同的信息。
And that's you might feel nauseous and dizzy and overall really yucky.
你可能会觉得恶心、头晕,全身都难受。
We still aren't totally sure why getting those different signals makes you dizzy.
我们还不能完全确定为什么得到这些不同信号会让你头晕。
But some scientists think it's because your brain thinks
但是一些科学家认为,这是因为你的大脑觉得
all the weird mixed signals are being caused by something that made you sick, like poison.
所有奇怪的混合信号都是由某种让你生病的物质引起的,比如毒药。
So, your brain tells your body to throw up to get the poison out...
所以,你的大脑会告诉身体要呕吐出来,把毒液清除出去……
even though there really isn't any poison at all!
即使根本没有任何毒药!
Anyway, back to Squeaks here.
不管怎样,回到吱吱身上来。
He's a little worried about our road trip since he gets motion sickness,
因为他患有晕动症,所以有点儿担心我们的自驾游,
but if you get carsick, there are some things you can do to feel better!
但如果你晕车,这里有些让你感觉更舒服的建议!
First, you can eat a light meal before going on a trip, not too much, and not too little.
首先,你可以在旅行前吃一顿清淡的食物,不要太多,也不要太少。
Basically, you want to keep your stomach happy.
基本上,你要保持你的胃舒服。
Then, once you're in the car, looking out the window can help a lot.
然后,一旦你坐到了车里,看窗外很有帮助。
Scientists say to look at the horizon,
科学家说要看地平线,
which is the line where the sky meets the land or the road.
即天空与地面或道路的交线。
That way your eyes can tell exactly how you're moving compared to the world around you.
这样,你的眼睛就不会根据周围的世界而是地平线,准确分辨出你是如何移动的。
If both your eyes and your inner ear agree that you're moving,
如果你的眼睛和内耳都同意你在移动,
there are no more confusing messages...which means that hopefully you'll feel better.
那么就不会有困惑的信息了,这意味着你有希望感觉良好。
For the same reason, it's better not to read a book or play games on a tablet or phone while you're in the car.
同理,你在坐车时最好不要读书或在平板电脑、手机上玩游戏
If you're staring at something right in front of you inside the car,
如果你在车里盯着你正前方的东西,
that makes it look like you're staying still, which can make you feel worse!
会让你看起来像是在原地不动,你会感觉更糟糕!
Looking out the window can be way more interesting, anyway.
不管怎样,往窗外看可能会更有趣。
You can look at the trees, the sky, the road signs, and the other cars zooming by!
你可以看树、看天空、看路标,还有其他飞驰而过的汽车!
It can also be really relaxing, which is awesome
真正的放松也非常棒,
because staying calm and relaxed can help you avoid motion sickness, too!
因为保持冷静和放松也可以帮助你避免晕动病。
So, Squeaks and I are going to eat a light lunch,
所以,吱吱和我要吃一顿清淡的午餐,
since some food in your stomach really helps prevent motion sickness.
因为胃里有些食物确实有助于预防晕动病。
And after that, we're off on our super-exciting road trip to the Grand Canyon!
之后,我们就会踏上通往大峡谷的超级刺激的自驾游之旅!
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me,
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共度美好时光,
hit the subscribe button, and we'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
就点击订阅吧,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
prevent [pri'vent]

想一想再看

v. 预防,防止

联想记忆
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
canyon ['kænjən]

想一想再看

n. 峡谷

联想记忆
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 
tend [tend]

想一想再看

v. 趋向,易于,照料,护理

 
poison ['pɔizn]

想一想再看

n. 毒药,败坏道德之事,毒害
vt. 毒害,

 
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
confusing [kən'fju:ziŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 使人困惑的,令人费解的 动词confuse的现

 
tilt [tilt]

想一想再看

vt. (使)倾斜
vi. 抨击,争论

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 湿狗为什么会有臭味 2018-03-29
  • 搭扣的灵感源于哪里 2018-03-31
  • 为什么会发生洪水 2018-04-13
  • 为什么啄木鸟啄树不会受伤 2018-04-15
  • 眼眉有什么作用 2018-04-17
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。