The other side of it, which is actually other side of the same coin is minimizing.
它的另一面,同一个硬币的另一面,是极小化
This is something I do very often. This is my trap
这是我经常做的,这是我仍要
that I still have to be aware of, I still think about today, even though I became aware of it years ago.
警惕的陷阱,我至今仍会考虑,虽然我几年前就注意到它了
Only now I catch myself doing it much promptly.
直到现在我才能够迅速醒觉自己在这么做
So the first idea of minimizing is what Karen Reivich calls tunnel vision.
极小化的第一个概念是Karen Reivich称之为“隧道视野”
What is tunnel vision? For example, let's say I have 620 students in my class.
什么是“隧道视野”?比如,我的课堂里有620个学生
And out of these 620 students 618 are engaged in the material.
620个中618个在看教材
![大草原 大草原](http://pic.kekenet.com/2018/0322/34391521690480.jpg)
One is looking at the ceiling, at the lights.
一个在看天花板,在看灯
And another one, out of the 620 students, is asleep.
620个中的另外一个在睡觉
Tunnel Vision is when I focus on that one person who is asleep.
隧道视野指的是当我关注那个睡觉的人
And I say to myself, "Wow, I'm giving boring, sleep inducing lectures."
对自己说,“我的课肯定讲得让人无聊,犯困”
Or the other way around: I have 620 students, 618 are asleep.
或反过来620个学生中618个睡着
One is looking around. And one is going "wow! wow!" and I only focus on that person and I say I'm a great lecturer. I'm so inspiring.
一个在开小差,一个听得十分入迷,我只关注那个人,我说我是个好讲师,我非常受鼓舞
Again, it's unrealistic. One way or the other. And what cognitive therapy does is bring realism into the equation.
然而不管怎样这都是不现实的,认知疗法把现实主义引入这个等式