Gosh, you're so ticklish, Squeaks!
天哪,吱吱,你这么怕痒!
Are you ticklish? If you are, you know it!
你怕痒吗?如果你怕痒,就该知道这是怎么回事了。
And if you're not, then you probably wonder what all the fuss is about.
如果你不怕痒,那么你可能会想知道这些大惊小怪是怎么回事。
Either way, tickling is pretty strange!
不管你怕不怕痒,发痒都相当奇怪!
Lots of things make us laugh, but that's usually because we think they're funny.
很多事情能让我们发笑,但通常是因为我们觉得它们有趣。
Tickling is different!
但发痒不同!
It has to do with your sense of touch, which helps you learn more about the world.
它与你的触觉有关,后者能帮助你更多地了解世界。
When you sense a touch,
当你感知到触摸时,
the part of your body that feels something touching you sends a message to your brain.
感觉到触碰的身体部位会向你的大脑发送一个信号。
Then, your brain decides how to respond to the feeling.
然后,你的大脑决定如何回应这种感觉。
So when Squeaks gives me a high five...
所以当吱吱与我击掌时,
my hand sends a signal to my brain, which figures out that what I'm feeling is my favorite robot rat's hand!
我的手向大脑发送一个信号,大脑会确定我感觉到的是我最喜欢的机器鼠的手。
Well, the same kind of thing happens when someone tickles you!
别人挠你痒痒也是同理!
The body part that's being tickled sends a message to your brain,
被挠的身体部位会向你的大脑发送一个信号,
which figures out what's happening and tells your body what to do.
大脑会弄清楚发生了什么,并告诉你的身体如何反应。
For me, that's usually to start giggling and squirming!
我通常是开始咯咯笑和扭动!
Scientists aren't completely sure why we're ticklish.
科学家们还不能完全确定我们为什么会怕痒。
But they've studied the problem very carefully, and have some good ideas.
但是他们非常仔细地研究了这个问题,并有了一些好想法。
Squeaks, where are you ticklish?
吱吱,你哪里怕痒?
Oh, your belly? I'm ticklish in my armpits!
噢,你的肚子吗?我怕痒的地方是腋窝!
In fact, most people are ticklish on and around body parts like their bellies and under their arms.
事实上,大多数人怕痒的身体部位都在腹部和腋下等周围。
Now, think about where you are ticklish,
现在,想想你哪里怕痒,
and think about what you do when you get tickled there.
并考虑一下你被挠痒痒时的反应。
Most of us kind of curl up, or hug our middles, or squirm away as we try to stop being tickled,
我们大多数人都会蜷缩起来或抱胸,或者扭动身体来阻止被挠痒痒,
even if we're laughing at the same time.
即使我们同时会笑。
Under these very ticklish outside body parts are some pretty important inside body parts,
外面这些非常痒的身体部位内部有一些非常重要的身体器官,
like our hearts and stomachs.
比如心脏和胃。
So scientists think that when we're tickled in those places,
于是科学家们认为,当我们在这些地方被挠痒痒的时候,
we cover them up and try to get away
我们会把它们遮盖起来并试图逃开,
because we're sort of trying to protect the important body parts underneath from getting hurt,
因为我们想保护身体的重要部位免受伤害,
even if we don't really think about it.
即使我们没这么想。
That can also explain why tickling makes us laugh.
这也可以解释为什么挠痒痒会让我们笑。
Scientists think we laugh as a message to the person that's tickling us, again,
科学家们认为,笑是为了给那个挠我们痒痒的人一个信息,
even if we're not really doing it on purpose.
即使我们不是故意这么做的。
And that message is: stop, you win!
这个信息是:停止,你赢了!
That may sound kind of...well, funny...
这听起来可能有些滑稽...
but it's like we're practicing doing things that might keep us safe.
但这就好像我们在做保护自己安全的事情。
And, scientists also think this is part of why we can't really tickle ourselves.
而且,科学家们也认为,这是我们不能让自己发痒的原因之一。
Go ahead and try! You just can't tickle yourself,
尽管放马来试试!你不能让自己发痒,
at least not in the same way someone else can.
至少不能像其他人做得那样。
That's because when your brain gets the message that you're being tickled,
那是因为当你的大脑收到你被挠痒痒的信息时,
say from your belly, it also realizes that another part of your body,
拿腹部举例,它也意识到你身体的另一部位
your own hand, is what's doing the tickling.
你自己的手在挠痒。
But if the tickle comes from someone else, we definitely feel it!
但是如果挠痒痒的是别人,我们肯定能感觉到!
Ah! Stop it, Squeaks!
啊!吱吱,住手!
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me,
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共度美好时光,
hit the subscribe button, and we'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
就点击订阅吧,我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!