Hi guys. Today I am in the presence of greatness because we are in the kitchen with mister Eric Lanlard. Master patisserie.
嗨喽,大家好。今天到场的嘉宾是一位非常了不起的大厨,因为我们请来了法式蛋糕大师Eric Lanlard。
What are we gonna make?
那今天我们做什么呢?
We're going to combine two very popular recipe, cheesecake. red velvet cake, together. Lets do it.
今天我们准备融合两种人气非常高的食谱,也就是芝士蛋糕和红丝绒蛋糕。那我们就开始吧。
What can I do to help? You need to sift all the dry ingredients. Okay.
我能帮你点儿什么呢?你可以帮我把这些干粉都过一下筛,好的。
Self-raising flour. Plain flour. Okay.
这是自发面粉,这是普通面粉,好的。
Bicarbonate of soda. Bicarbonate of soda. and pure cocoa powder. Pure.
小苏打。好的,小苏打。纯可可粉,纯的吗?
Not drinking chocolate. Not drinking chocolate. Okay so these all go in here.
不能用可可茶,不能用可可茶。好的,把这些材料都放进去。
I sieve them nice and high. Please.
我们给它好好地筛一遍。麻烦你了。
And whilst I'm doing that, what are you doing?
我做了这些那你在干嘛?
I'm going to do the sponge base. So, I got some unsalted butter. Right.
我来做那个海绵底啊。这个是淡奶油,好的。
And I'm gonna cream it with some golden caster sugar.
现在我们用点儿糖给它打成膏状。
What is the secret to the most amazing red velvet cake?
怎么样才能做出最棒的红丝绒蛋糕呢,秘诀是什么?
The traditional recipe originally had some white wine vinegar inside. Ok
传统的做法会在里面滴一些白葡萄酒醋。好的把
but you know, to be honest I don't really like the taste of vinegar in my cakes.
但说实话我不喜欢我的蛋糕有醋的味道。
Ok. so I replaced that now you mention it, with some buttermilk. Okay.
我会换成,刚才你已经说过了,换成酪乳,好吧。
So we're gonna cream these together. Ok. That will do.
把它们一起达成膏状。好的,打成这个样子就好了。
I'm going to add some eggs to it, ok, on slow speed.
等它速度比较慢的时候我们打几个鸡蛋进去。
I'm just whacking it up a bit to make sure it's all there.
确保把蛋液打均匀。
Okay, is that okay? Perfect. Fantastic.
好的,这样可以吗?堪称完美。太棒了。
So just a case of mixing through.
所以就是把它们统统混合到一起就完事儿了呗。
And you want to do it nice and gently.
但我们要慢慢地来,
This one is just folding. So, I'm gonna add now the um, what was it again? buttermilk.
现在已经在融合了。我们把那个,那个什么来着,酪乳加进去。
That goes in, and finally food colouring paste.
放进去,最后,我们来放食用色素膏。
So much better than using the liquids. Right. Nice and strong.
这个比用那种液体的要好得多。这个颜色会更稳定一些。
Two good teaspoons. Okay.
两大勺。好的。
So it's a lot of food colouring. But you gotta get that red velvet look. Nice.
我们放的量比较大呢,不过要做出那种红丝绒的颜色就得这个量。漂亮。
And now we are gonna mix it together. Oh wow. Look at the colour! Here we go. Look at that. wow.
现在我们给它搅拌均匀。哇,看着颜色。好了。看着颜色,太漂亮了。
That's the best thing about baking. Lick the spoon.
烘焙最大的优点就是会让人有一种舔勺子的冲动。
Lick the spoon. You've got to lick the spoons. Lick the spoon. Wow.
舔勺子,那是必须的。必须的。不错。
Okay so. Just again make sure it's all mixed together.
好的,我们再次确认这些配料都打匀了。
Slightly buttered. Don't put too much butter in your tin. Okay.
我们的模具已经放了少许黄油了,千万不要放太多,好的。
Always a piece of parchment paper. We're gonna pour the mixture inside.
时刻记得垫一张羊皮纸,现在把这个倒进去。
Ready to go. Look at that. It's incredible. So that's ready to go in the oven.
可以倒出来了。看呐,简直是跳不可思议了,现在可以放入烤箱了。
Pre-heated at 180 360 Fahrenheit and if you're using gas, gas mark 4.
我们先用180℃也就是360℉预热一下,如果用的是天然气的话,调到四档。
So our red velvet sponge are baked.
现在我们的红丝绒海绵蛋糕已经烤好了。
They've been in the oven for 35 minutes, and they've been cooling down roughly around 20 minutes.
已经在烤箱里烤了35分钟,拿出来之后又晾了差不多20分钟了。
I cut them in half, but challenge for the young apprentice here in my kitchen,
我已经把它切成了两半,但是我们要给来我厨房的这位年轻的小学徒一个挑战,
we're gonna have to trim them nicely, we want some beautiful slice
我们还要把它们修得好看点儿,以便最后切出来的形状更加漂亮。
and I want some spare bit to decorate the top of my cheesecake, the traditional way.
然后,我们还要按照传统的做法,在上面撒点儿碎屑装饰一下
The pressure is on.
我现在已经感觉得压力了。
Start cutting it through and you just spin your cake around, okay.
我们把刀插一些进去,然后旋转手里的蛋糕。好的。
That's the best way to do it. You get more control and it should be all level.
这是最好的办法。这样切更容易把握,切出来的表面也会更平整。
See, that's one layer. Nice. Tada! Beautiful.
看见没,这是一层。漂亮。塔哒!不错。
And this one you can just crumble in there. I feel so sad to crumble it up.
另一半可以把它掰开放在这里。要掰开啊,好难过。
What is our next stage? The filling. The filling, okay. 250 gram of good quality cream cheese.
那我们接下来做什么?接下来准备馅儿。好的。250g上好的奶油干酪。
The drier the better.
越干越好。
Doesn't matter which recipe you use, even if it's for bake cheesecake, the drier the better. Okay.
不管你想做什么,即便是焗芝士蛋糕,也是越干的奶油越好。好吧。
You don't get all this liquid running.
这样就不会有多余的水分了。
See this is why I love being in the kitchen with Eric Lanlard,
知道我为什么喜欢来Eric Lanlard的厨房了吗?
because you get the great little tips. 70 grams of golden caster sugar. Okay. So that goes in.
因为能学到一些非常有用的小技巧。70g细砂糖,好的,给它放进去。
Combine that together until it's nice and smooth. Okay.
把它们混合起来直到变得非常细腻。好的。
I don't think that there is a word for smooth in French.
我不知道法语里有没有细腻这个词。
Le smooth? Le smooth. Le smooth.
是Le smooth吗?噢,Le smooth,Le smooth。
And now we're going to add to it a bit of a zesty lemon juice. 2 tablespoons.
我现在我们加点儿柠檬汁进去,两勺柠檬汁。
So this'll give a really nice sharpness to it Yep.
柠檬会给蛋糕增添一股非常浓郁的味道。没错。
So now that's done. right
这就好了吗?是的。
And now we're going to have to make our cake set obviously.
显然,现在我们要给蛋糕底座定型了。
So here I've got some powdered gelatine.
我已经准备了一些鱼胶粉
I'm going to add to it two tablespoons of very hot water. So that goes in.
现在我们要加两勺温度比较高的热水,给它倒进去。
So you just need to mix it through until it dissolves. Yep. Ok.
所以,你只需要在它溶解的时候把它搅拌均匀对吧。没错。
Straight in. You need to mix it straight away. Straight on.
直接放进去,我们要马上给它打散,直接打。