Hey, Squeaks! Oh, I'm ok.
嘿,吱吱!噢,我还好。
My leg just feels kinda weird...
我的腿感觉有点儿怪...
It's tingling, but in a way that feels prickly!
它感觉酸麻,又有点儿刺痛!
Oh yeah, you're right! I think my leg is asleep!
噢,是的,你说对了!我想我的腿睡着了!
Maybe this has happened to you before, too.
或许你之前也遇到过!
Sometimes if you've been doing something that presses on your arms or legs for a while,
有时,如果你一直做某事,使得胳膊或腿被压了一段时间,
like sitting in one position or leaning on your elbow,
比如坐在一个位置上或靠着手肘,
it'll start to go numb and you can't feel as much with that part of your body.
它就会开始变麻,而你感觉不到那部分身体。
Then, once you move so you're not sitting or leaning that way anymore,
随后,你一旦动了,不再那样坐着或倚着,
your arm or leg starts to get all prickly,
你的胳膊或腿就开始变得刺痛,
almost like you're getting lots of tiny pokes all over,
就像你浑身有很多小刺一样,
even though there's nothing actually poking you.
即使没有东西扎你。
People sometimes call that feeling pins and needles.
人们有时把这种感觉叫做麻木不适。
And that sounds a lot like what happened to me!
这听起来和我的情况很像!
It's something that can feel pretty weird,
它让人觉得很奇怪,
even though it happens to people all the time.
即使它经常发生在人们身上。
When we say that an arm or leg fell asleep,
当我们说胳膊或腿睡着了时,
we don't really mean that it was asleep the way you are when you fall asleep at night.
并不是说它像你晚上睡觉一样睡着了。
It's just called that because you can't feel much with it while it's numb, almost like it's sleeping.
这样说是因为它在麻木时,你感觉不到它,就像它睡着了。
And that tingling, pins and needles feeling you get when you shift your position
至于你在换位置时的麻木感觉,
is kind of like your arm or leg is waking up!
就像你的胳膊或腿清醒了!
You get that prickly feeling because your body is a little bit confused.
你会感到刺痛,是因为你的身体有点儿混乱。
You might already know that there's blood moving everywhere in your body all the time,
你可能已经知道了,你身体里的血液一直到处流动,
pumped through little tubes called blood vessels by your heart.
通过叫做血管的小管子由心脏泵出。
It's really important that the blood moves through all the parts of your body,
血液流经身体的各个部位非常重要,
because that's how they get energy so they can work properly.
因为这是它们获得能量的方式,这样它们才能正常工作。
But when you sit in one position or lean on your arm or leg for a while,
但当你坐在一个位置或靠着胳膊或腿一段时间后,
you're pressing on those blood vessels and making the tubes smaller,
你在压迫那些血管,使管子变小,
so not as much blood can get through.
因此没有太多的血液可以通过。
And without enough blood, your arm or leg can start to go numb.
而没有足够多的血液,你的胳膊或腿开始麻木。
The reason you can feel something when you touch it
你触摸它能感觉到某物的原因
is because of little things called nerves that are all over your body.
是因为你周身的神经。
Whenever you pick up a toy or touch something that's hot or cold or hurts,
无论何时,你拿起玩具或碰一些热的、冷的、伤人的东西,
these nerves are like little messengers that tell your brain all about what you're touching.
这些神经就像小信使一样,告诉大脑你所接触的一切。
But the nerves only work well if they're getting enough blood.
但是它们只有在获得足够的血液时才会正常工作。
I must have sat in a way where the blood vessels in my leg were being pressed on
我坐的姿势一定压迫了我腿上的血管,
and the nerves in my leg weren't getting enough blood.
使得腿上的神经得不到足够多的血液。
So my leg stopped being able to feel as much, it went numb and fell asleep.
因此,我的腿不再有感觉了,它麻木了,睡着了。
But then I moved! And once my body wasn't pressing on my leg anymore,
但后来我动了!一旦我的身体不再压迫腿,
more blood started moving through it again and my nerves woke up.
更多的血又开始流经它,我的神经也清醒了。
But nerves get a little confused when they wake up.
但是神经醒来时会有点儿混乱。
At first, they don't really know what they're feeling.
起初,它们并不真正了解自己的感受。
They start telling your brain that you're feeling tiny little pokes,
它们开始告诉你的大脑,你感觉到小刺在刺你,
even though nothing is really touching you!
即使什么东西也没碰你!
That's where the pins and needles feeling comes from.
这就是麻木不适的来源。
Pretty soon, your nerves get used to having enough blood again and you go right back to normal.
很快,你的神经就会习惯有足够血液,你就会恢复正常。
So to keep yourself from getting pins and needles,
所以为了不让自己麻木,
you can just make sure you don't sit or lean in one position for too long.
只需确保自己不会坐着或靠在一个位置上太久。
And if you do get them, all you have to do is just wait.
如果你真麻木了,所要做的就是等待。
You can shake around the arm or leg in the meantime to help the blood get flowing again,
在此期间,你可以晃动胳膊或腿,帮助血液再次流动。
but either way, the prickling will go away after a minute or two.
但不管怎样,一到两分钟后,刺痛就会消失。
Whew, Squeaks! It feels like my nerves are finally getting back to normal!
呼,吱吱!我感觉我的神经终于恢复正常了!
My leg is better now!
我的腿也好多了!
But now the next time I get pins and needles,
下次我再麻木时,
I'll know all about why it happens. And so will you!
就知道为什么了。你也会知道!
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您的收看!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me, hit the subscribe button,
如果你想继续学习,或与我和吱吱共度美好时光,就点击订阅吧,
and we'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!