手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

安抚过1200多名新生儿的可爱老人

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This is David Deutchman. Shh.

这位是大卫·多奇曼。嘘
This is David Deutchman. That's better.
这位是大卫·多奇曼。这样就好多了。
For the last 12 years, David has held over 1200 babies at Scottish Rite Hospital.
过去12年里,大卫在苏格兰共济会医院抱过的婴儿有1200多名。
Hey David, when can I raise my voice?
嘿,大卫,我什么时候才能大声点儿?
After the titles appear.
等标题出现之后就可以啦……
At Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, you'll find David volunteering as a baby buddy,
在亚特兰大儿童医院,大家就能看到自告奋勇担任婴儿密友的大卫,
a person that spends time holding babies who are delivered prematurely or require special medical attention.
一位在抱早产儿或需要特殊医疗的宝宝度过的人。
When I first came to work for the hospital, they gave me a little baby to hold
我第一次来医院工作的时候,他们就把一个小宝宝交到了我手里,
and the child life person walked by and said, "Hey, you hold babies? I’ve got a job for you."
然后有位医护人员就过来跟我说,“嘿,你会抱宝宝吗?我这儿有份适合你的工作。”
And I just loved it.
然后我就爱上这份工作了。
I became nicknamed by a few nurses as the baby whisperer.
有几个护士给我起了个外号,叫“婴语者”
I'd be given a baby who was screaming and crying.
孩子尖叫或者哭闹的时候他们就会抱来给我。
You'd be amazed how quickly they can calm down.
在我怀里他们立刻就会安静下来,快得简直令人难以置信,
2

Because the babies stay in the hospital for a long period of time,

因为这些孩子都要住很长时间的院,
most parents can't stick around,
所以大多数家长都不能一直陪着他们,
mainly because their maternity leave runs out or they have other kids at home.
基本上都是因为她们的产假已经修完了,或者家里还有别的孩子要照顾。
That's where David comes in.
这时,大卫登场了。
David has gone on to hold countless babies in the neonatal intensive care unit,
大卫在新生儿重症监护室抱过的孩子多得数不过来,
providing not only companionship but other medical benefits as well.
他不仅仅是陪伴她们,对他们的病情也有助益。
Just ask Nurse Angie.
问问安吉护士你就知道了。
We find that holding also can help mitigate some pain,
我们发现,把婴儿抱在怀里有助于减轻他们的疼痛,
so when our babies have heal sticks done
所以,当我们的宝宝插完治疗管之后,
and they're being held, they react so much better than when they're not held.
抱着他们时他们的反应会比不抱他们时的反应好得多。
David has done this for so long now,
大卫干这份工作已经干了太长时间了,
when he takes a baby into his arms, you can see the baby relax because David's so relaxed.
所以当他把一个宝宝抱在怀里的时候,你会发现宝宝会很放松,因为大卫很放松。
So, you feel the baby's in good hands.
所以,你会发现宝宝是在非常舒服的怀抱里。
If you're a retiree I would say to you, “Get off your butt and do something.”
如果你已经退休了,我想跟你说,“别干坐着了,去做点儿什么吧。”
Volunteer doing something, and there are a lot of different ways of doing it;
当个志愿者什么的,有很多地方都需要志愿者;
doesn't have to be in a children's hospital.
不一定就要在儿童医院。
I know it meant a lot to the moms and the dads, too,
我知道我的工作对很多妈妈来说都很重要,对很多爸爸来说也是如此,
but what it meant for me, I really feel like I'm the one who benefits.
但对我来说这份工作更重要,我真的觉得这个过程中我才是真正的受益者。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
rite [rait]

想一想再看

n. 仪式,典礼

联想记忆
prematurely

想一想再看

adv. 过早地;早熟地

 
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
mitigate ['miti.geit]

想一想再看

vt. 镇静,缓和,减轻

联想记忆
relaxed [ri'lækst]

想一想再看

adj. 放松的, 松懈的,随意的 relax的过去式(

 
react [ri'ækt]

想一想再看

vt. 作出反应
vi. 起反应,起作用,反攻

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。