We then have these coders look at these tapes, four of them.
接着我们得出下列四种结果。
They're blind to the hypothesis. They're blind to the conditions.
他们不知道假设前提。他们不知道具体情形。
They have no idea who's been posing in what pose, and they end up looking at these sets of tapes,
他们不知道谁摆什么样的姿势,接着他们观看了这些带子,
and they say, "We want to hire these people," all the high-power posers.
然后他们说,“噢,我们想要录用这些人"--那些摆强有力姿势的人,
"We don't want to hire these people. We also evaluate these people much more positively overall."
“这些人我们不想录用。我们也评估了整体而言更正面的那些人。”
But what's driving it? It's not about the content of the speech.
但背后的原因是什么?这跟演讲的内容无关。
It's about the presence that they're bringing to the speech.
而是和他们在演讲中带出来的存在感有关。
Because we rate them on all these variables related to competence, like, how well-structured is the speech?
同时,我们也就这些与能力相关的变动因素来评价他们,比如演讲的整体架构怎样?
How good is it? What are their qualifications?
它有多棒?他们的学历证书是什么?
No effect on those things. This is what's affected. These kinds of things.
这些全都无关。有影响的是这些事。
People are bringing their true selves, basically. They're bringing themselves.
基本上,人们在表达真实的自我。他们在表达自我。
They bring their ideas, but as themselves, with no, you know, residue over them.
他们带入了自己的想法,毫无保留。
So this is what's driving the effect, or mediating the effect.
这就是背后真实的力量,或者可以说是造成的影响。
So when I tell people about this, that our bodies change our minds and our minds can change our behavior,
所以当我告诉人们,我们的身体会改变心理,心理会改变行为,
and our behavior can change our outcomes, they say to me, "It feels fake." Right?
而行为会改变结果,他们跟我说,“感觉好假啊”。对吗?
So I said, fake it till you make it. It's not me.
我就说,你就假装一直到你达成目的为止。这不是我。
I don't want to get there and then still feel like a fraud. I don't want to feel like an impostor.
我不想要到达到那个目标后仍然感觉像是一个骗局。我不想要成为一个骗子。
I don't want to get there only to feel like I'm not supposed to be here.
我不要达成目的后,只有一种我本不该如此的感觉。
And that really resonated with me, because I want to tell you a little story about being an impostor and feeling like I'm not supposed to be here.
我深有同感,我要跟大家分享一个关于成为一个骗子后感到不应该成功的小故事。