It was so indescribably beautiful, it was so simple and so elegant
它是如此难以言喻的美丽,如此简单,如此优雅,
and I just stared in disbelief for twenty minutes.
我只是不相信地盯着它有20分钟。
Then during the day I walked round the department,
然后那一整天我在房内转来转去,
I'd keep coming back to my desk and looking to see it was still there, it was still there.
总是会回到书桌那儿,查看它是否还在那儿,它还在那儿。
Almost what seemed to be stopping the method of Flach and Kolyvagin was exactly what would make horizontally Iwasawa theory.
那看起来阻止弗拉赫和科里瓦金方法的几乎正是同时说明伊娃沙娃理论的。
My original approach to the problem from three years before would make exactly that work,
三年前我对这问题的最初尝试就应完全行得通,
so out of the ashes seemed to rise the true answer to the problem.
在死灰之上似又升起了解题的真正答案。
So the first night I went back and slept on it,
所以我先回家,留待问题于第二天,
I checked through it again the next morning and by 11 o'clock I was satisfied and I went down,
次日早上我再次对它进行了检查,到11点的时候,我满意地下楼来,
told my wife I've got it, I think I've got it, I've found it.
告诉我太太得到了,我想我得到了,我找到了。
It was so unexpected, I think she thought I was talking about a children's toy or something and said got what?
如此出乎意料,我想她会认为我是在说孩子的玩具或是什么,她问得到了什么?
and I said I've fixed my proof, I've got it.
我说我弥补好了我的证明,我得到了。