Hi, Kaveh! Hi, Lucija! How are you?
嗨,卡维!嗨,露西佳!你好吗?
I'm good! I got this new scarf, and I think it's really nice.
我很好!我买了一条新围巾,觉得它很漂亮。
No, it's really not. That's not polite!
不,它不漂亮。你真不礼貌!
I mean, Ok, it's nice. I don't like the color, though.
噢,我是说它很漂亮,不过我不喜欢它的颜色。
Well, why did you say that?
你为什么这么说?
I'm sorry, but I don't really like the color.
对不起,但我真不喜欢这个颜色。
No, why did you use Though in that way?
不,我的意思是你为什么用那种方式使用Though?
Isn't Though used to introduce clauses?
Though不是用来引入从句的吗?
Yes, but it is not frequently used that way in everyday conversation.
没错,但在日常对话中,这种方式并不常用。
When we talk, Though is more commonly used as an adverb,
在口语中,Though更常用作副词,
and shows some sort of disagreement or contrast.
表达某种分歧或对比。
Also, it often appears at the end of a sentence.
而且,它经常出现在句子末尾。
I see. Well, what does that look like?
我明白。那么,它如何使用?
When a speaker shows contrast with their own statement,
当说话者想与自己的陈述形成对比时,
they could say, "I got this new scarf. It's a little rough, though."
会说:“我买了一条新围巾,不过它有点儿粗糙。”
Ok, what if you want to show contrast with another speaker's statement?
那么如果你想和另一个说话者的陈述形成对比呢?
If you said "My scarf is really nice."
如果你说“我的围巾真漂亮。”
I could say "Yeah, it's costly though."
我可以说“对,不过它真贵。”
I understand how it is used to show contrast,
我明白它如何用来表示对比了,
but what about having a disagreement with another speaker?
但与另一位说话者发生分歧怎么用呢?
Well, that's what happened with us before.
这就是我们之前的情况了。
"I like my new scarf."
“我喜欢我的新围巾。”
"I don't like the color, though."
“不过我不喜欢它的颜色。”
When I say, "I don't like the color, though."
当我说:“不过我不喜欢这个颜色”时,
I actually meant that I do not like the scarf.
我实际想表达的是我不喜欢这条围巾。
I was trying to disagree in an indirect way.
我在用委婉的方法表达分歧。
That way of disagreeing is considered more polite.
这种表达分歧的方式被认为更有礼貌。
And that's everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的全部内容。