Atropa belladonna will kill you.
颠茄有剧毒。
Datura will put you to sleep, forever.
曼陀罗能让你昏迷而且再也醒不过来。
Aconitine will kill you.
乌头碱能致命。
Laurel will produce cyanide and kill you.
月桂释放的氰化物也能致命。
Every plant here in the Poison Garden is poisonous and has the ability to kill you.
剧毒花园里的每一种植物都有剧毒,都能致命。
My name's Trevor Jones and I'm the head gardener of Alnwick Garden.
我是Trevor Jones,我是Alnwick植物园的园丁主管。
This plant is giant hogweed.
这是大猪草。
It will get up to around about eight foot high.
这种草能长到8英尺高。
It's phototoxic, so it will burn your skin and give you blisters for up to seven years.
这是一种光毒性植物,能够灼伤皮肤,留下长达七年的水疱。
This garden is set in the war garden of the old castle in Northumberland, U.K.
这个花园位于英国诺森伯兰郡一座古老城堡里的一个战争花园。
We have around about 95 plants and we're adding to the collection all the time.
我们大约有95种植物,而且一直在不断引进新的品种。
This plant is aconitine, or monkshood.
这种植物叫乌头碱,别名“乌头”。
Wonderful blue flowers, but the whole of the plant is poisonous.
虽然花很漂亮,但整株植物都有剧毒。
The berries crushed up and fed to you will kill you.
食用碾碎的乌头碱浆果会致命。
The leaves themselves will kill you also, as will the root and the stem.
乌头碱本身的叶子就有剧毒,根和茎也一样。
We have to obviously maintain the garden, so we have to tend the plants,
显然,我们需要把这个花园维护下去,照顾这些植物,
and when we do that we have to be very careful of the way we operate,
这些时候我们都必须格外小心,
so we have to cover some of our skin when we deal with particularly dangerous plants.
处理某些格外危险的植物时就要把某些部位的皮肤遮起来,
This plant is laurel. It produces cyanide, and we all know what that'll do to you.
这个是月桂,月桂能产生氰化物,我们都知道这种东西可以致命。
So it was the brainchild of the duchess, the Duchess of Northumberland,
这个植物园是一位公爵夫人,也就是诺森伯兰郡公爵夫人的主意,
so rather than having a herb garden, she decided to create more interest and have a poison garden.
比起草本植物园,她决定弄一个更有意思的、有剧毒的花园,
They're very very common plants.
这些植物都非常非常普通。
In fact, a lot of them are what we call cottage garden plants,
事实上,很多品种都是我们所谓的别墅花园植物,
and they're grown in many people's gardens, but people don't know how harmful they actually are.
而且很多人的花园里都有,但人们不知道这些植物能造成多大伤害。
This is atropa belladonna.
这是颠茄。
Four berries are enough to kill a child.
四个颠茄浆果就能毒死一个孩子。
People are intrigued by poisonous plants.
人们对有剧毒的植物都充满好奇。
I'm often very worried when they come out because many of them will be growing these plants at home,
我经常会担心,这些植物出现的时候,因为很多人家里都种了这些植物,
and they don't realize the powerful impact plants can have on us as humans. Definitely.
却不知道植物能给人类带来多大影响。没错。
Is it something that you find fascinating? Definitely. Why?
你觉得你的工作好玩吗?那必须的呀。为什么?
It's a good way to get rid of your wife. I don't know.
这是一个摆脱妻子的好办法不是吗?我也不知道。