Vitamins and nutritional supplements are a 13.4 billion-dollar-a-year business. Most of those pills are chewed or swallowed.
维生素和营养补充剂市场每年可以达到134亿美金,多数补品的食用方法都是咀嚼或吞咽。
Now they can be vaped.
如今,我们还能吸食营养品。
These slim metal dispensers from Inhale Health of a Beverly Hills Biotech Company release vaporized vitamins, caffeine or melatonin.
位于比弗利山庄的“吸入健康”生物科技公司推出了这种细长的金属喷气,有气化营养品,气化咖啡因,还有气化褪黑素。
Inhale Health is about shifting the world to a new era of functional inhalation.
“吸入健康”会将世界引入“功能性吸入”时代。
We can build inhalable products around micronutrients and beneficial compounds.
我们可以把微量元素和有益化合物都制造成可吸入的产品。
The company claims pharmaceutical grade B vitamins in liquid form can be turned into a vapor
该公司声称,液体形式的医药级维生素B可以变成一种蒸气,
that retains nutritional value and can be quickly absorbed by the body.
保持营养价值的同时能迅速被身体吸收。
We contracted with third-party lab, S&N Labs out of Santa Ana, California and we had them conducted tests to prove that the
我们与第三方实验室签约,位于加州圣安娜市的“S&N Labs”实验室,我们让他们进行了测试,
liquid vitamins transition successfully into the aerosolized state.
证明液态维生素可以顺利变成雾化状态。
So what that means is that the compounds, the value-added molecules, vitamins, micronutrients, etc.
这意味着化合物,增值分子,维生素和微量元素等,
were present in a liquid and they were also present in a vapor state.
这些曾经以液体的形式存在,如今它们也可以以蒸汽的形式存在。
Pharmacist David Yashar sells the dispensers at his store and says the sleep inhaler which contains the hormone melatonin is the best seller.
药剂师大卫·亚希尔在他的商店售卖这种喷雾剂,称含有褪黑激素的助眠喷雾剂卖得最好。
We have a lot of patients that come in for you know, jet-lag. They complained that melatonin causes a lot of headaches and grogginess the next day.
我们有很多病人因为倒时差来买药,他们抱怨说褪黑素给他们带来了麻烦,他们通常会在第二天感到头疼或摇摇晃晃。
One thing that we realize with this product with the melatonin product in particular is that
通过褪黑激素喷雾剂我们认识到一点,
it doesn't cause those side effects and it works much quicker, so within ten to fifteen minutes,
它不会造成这些副作用,而且效果明显,10-15分钟就开始见效了,
the product starts to work and you get a good night's rest, you wake up fresh.
晚上睡眠会非常好,醒来之后头脑会非常清醒。
But is vaping your vitamins the way to go?
但吸入维他命真的可以吗?
It's very unnatural actually to be done via the lungs.
实际上,通过肺部吸入是很不正常的。
Vitamins are meant to really be ingested and I don't see a reason why one would want to vape that.
维生素需要消化,我不知道吸入维生素的道理在哪里。
Whether or not there's any benefit, I haven't seen any controlled studies to say whether there's a benefit or whether there's a risk
不管有没有好处,我还没有看到任何对照研究来证明它是否有效,或者是否存在风险,
but medicine is a good part science, but also a good part of common sense.
医学是科学,但它也需要常识。
Of course, the common sense way to ingest your daily requirement of vitamins and minerals is to eat nutritious food.
当然,补充每日所需维生素和矿物质是从“吃”中得来的,这是常识。
I'm Faith Lapidus, VOA News.
美国之音,法斯·拉皮德斯,VOA新闻。