Muscovites are protesting against plans to move over a million people if their apartments built during the Khrushchev era are torn down.
赫鲁晓夫执政时期建造的公寓要被拆除,有超过一百万居民要转移,该计划招致莫斯科民众抗议。
Russian authorities say the buildings are run down and promise to build better apartments.
俄罗斯政府称这些建筑即将拆除,并承诺会建造更好的公寓。
But families like Elmira's have lived in their home for generations. They are shocked that it may be demolished.
但是很多像埃尔迈拉这样的家庭已经在这里生活了几代人,当他们听说房子会被拆除时十分震惊。
I'll be here until the bulldozers start.
我会一直呆在这,除非推土机开动了。
I am not going to leave as by the Constitution, I have the right to stay in my property. This building is not falling apart.
我不会离开,宪法规定,我有权利呆在自己的房子里,这房子不能拆。
For Elmira and her mother, Galina, this is a home full of memories.
对于埃尔迈拉和她妈妈加林娜来说,这里充满回忆,
We moved here in 79 and it's the place where my children were born, lived and their conscious experience started.
我们1979年就搬过来了,我的孩子在这里出生,在这里生活,意识经验也是在这里形成的。
When my father was still alive, we celebrated his 50th birthday.
我爸爸还活着的时候,我们在这里给他过50岁生日。
So many people came to congratulate him that we couldn't find seats for them all in one room.
很多人来祝贺他,人多得这里都坐不下。
After a public uproar, Moscow guaranteed the residents better apartments in the same areas or appropriate financial compensation.
公众表达了不满,莫斯科政府随即向居民保证,他们将在同一片地区拥有条件更好的房子,或是提供一定补偿金。
Authorities say buildings will be razed only if more than two-thirds of residents agree.
当局表示,只有超过三分之二的居民同意,才会拆除此处的建筑。
But, many suspect corruption as not all the buildings were even inspected before the plan was announced.
但是很多人怀疑其中有腐败成分,拆除计划公布前,政府并未对所有建筑进行检查。
You know, a special commission should work and declare the building dangerous to live in.
应该有一个专门的委员会,开展一些调查工作,说这房子不够安全不能住人了。
We have not seen such a commission over here.
我们就没见过那样的委员会。
So by many indications, we may judge that it is not the people who are most important, but the location.
通过这些迹象可以得知,居民不是最重要的,而是地理位置。
For families like Elmira's, the controversy has moved them for the first time to protest against the state.
对于很多像埃尔迈拉这样的家庭,这一争议问题让他们首次向政府抗议。
If authorities fail to satisfy Russians in the capital, they risk growing opposition at the polls in next year's key elections.
如果政府不能让首都居民满意,那明年的大选很有可能会增加选民的反对。
Daniel Schearf, VOA News, Moscow.
VOA新闻,丹尼尔·史瑞夫在莫斯科为您报道。