Today is a really exciting day at the Fort!
今天在沃斯堡真令人兴奋!
We're going to move my brand new telescope into the Fort's observatory!
我们要把我的全新望远镜搬到沃斯堡的天文台上!
And I can't wait to use it tonight.
我今晚迫不及待地要用它了。
But wow is this telescope heavy and we have to get it all the way up there.
但这个望远镜真得很重,我们还必须把它搬上去。
I can lift the box, but I don't think I can carry it all the way up the stairs.
我能举起这个箱子,但做不到把它一直搬上楼。
And I'm not going to try to move it up the ladder!
而且我也不打算把它搬上楼梯。
So we're going to have to think of another way to get it up there!
所以我们要想其他办法把它弄上楼了!
Right on, Squeaks!
吱吱,你说得对!
Lately, we've been solving a lot of problems around the Fort using simple machines,
最近,我们一直在用简单的器械解决沃斯堡的各种问题,
things that make it easier for us to do work, like ramps and levers.
坡道和杠杆之类的器械能让我们的工作变简单。
Because we used these simple machines, we were able to do things much more easily,
由于我们使用这些简单器械,做事变得更容易了,
like when we moved boxes of books up a ramp
比如,我们利用斜坡搬一箱箱的书,
and used a lever to help us turn big rocks over during our bug safari.
在找虫子时,利用杠杆帮我们把大石块翻过来。
And I know a simple machine that can help us with this job!
我知道有一种简单的器械能帮我们做这项工作!
This one's called a pulley.
那就是滑轮。
Pulleys are used to help lift heavy things.
滑轮能帮助我们提升重物。
The thing that's being lifted is called the load.
被提升的东西叫做负荷。
And when we attach the pulley's rope to the load and pull, the load goes up!
当我们把滑轮的绳子系到负荷上并拉它时,负荷就会上升!
A pulley has two main parts, a string or a rope, and a wheel.
滑轮有两个部分,绳子和轮子。
The wheel on the pulley is special, because it has a groove that goes all the way around it.
滑轮的轮子很特别,因为它有个一直绕着它转的槽。
The rope fits into the groove just like this.
绳子就像这样安装到槽里。
So, if I try to lift this box up over my head by just using my arms...phew! That's a lot of work.
所以,如果我试着用双臂把箱子举过头,唷,真费劲。
But if I attach the box to a pulley, and then pull on the rope, the job becomes much easier.
但如果我把箱子系在滑轮上,然后拉动绳子,事情就简单多了。
So, let's see how a pulley can help us with our telescope problem!
那么,就让我们看看滑轮如何帮助我们解决望远镜的问题吧!
First, we need to attach a pulley and rope above the window of the Fort.
首先,我们需要把滑轮和绳子系到沃斯堡的窗户上面。
Next, we'll attach one end of the rope to our load, which is the telescope box.
然后,我们把绳子一端系在负荷,即装望远镜的箱子上。
And the junior scientists will get ready to bring the box in through the window.
小科学家们会准备把箱子从窗户拿进去。
Alright! Is everyone ready? Ready, Squeaks? And Pull!
好了,大家准备好了吗?吱吱,准备好了吗?拉!
Oh, It's working! Take a close look at what's happening here.
噢,它动了!仔细看看这里发生了什么。
As Squeaks pulls down, the rope turns the wheel and the telescope box moves up, all the way up to the window,
随着吱吱往下拉,绳子转动轮子,望远镜箱子上移了,直升到窗户处,
where they can grab it, and pull it in the safety. We did it!
在那里他们抓住箱子,把它拉到了安全位置。我们成功了!
And it was a lot easier than trying to carry that heavy box up the stairs!
这比搬着重箱子上楼梯简单多了!
Now, pulleys can help us to do some pretty big jobs.
现在,滑轮能帮助我们做一些重大工作。
For example, the cranes that we use to build skyscrapers
比如,我们利用起重机建造摩天大楼
and the elevators that take us between the floors of those skyscrapers, work because of pulleys.
还有那些带着我们在摩天大楼各层间穿梭的电梯,它们的工作原理都是滑轮。
But pulleys help us do some smaller jobs, too.
但滑轮也能帮我们做些小事。
Did you know you use a pulley when you open or close the window blinds and curtains in your house?
你知道打开或关上百叶窗和窗帘时使用了滑轮吗?
And Squeaks and I use a pulley every time we raise the flag on our fort's flagpole.
我和吱吱每次在沃斯堡升旗时都会使用滑轮。
First, we clip the flag on to the rope.
首先,我们把旗子夹在绳子上。
Then, when we pull down on the rope, it makes the pulley's wheel turn and it raises the flag high into the sky!
然后,我们向下拉绳子,使得滑轮轮子转动,把旗子高高升到天上!
And speaking of the sky, it's time for me to set up my new telescope!
说到天空,现在是我安装新望远镜的时候了!
Thanks for helping us today!
感谢您的收看!
We'd like to give a big thanks to Google Making Science for helping us make this episode!
我们也非常感谢“Google Making Science”帮助我们制作本期节目!
Do you have a question about machines, telescopes, or anything else at all?
你对器械、望远镜或其他事物有什么疑问吗?
Ask a grownup for help, and leave us a comment below, or send us an email to kids@theSciShow.com!
找个大人帮忙在下方留言或发邮件至kids@theSciShow.com!
And I'll see you next time!
我们下期见!