My fellow Americans,
我的美国同胞们:
All American hearts are united with the people of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands who have faced terrible devastation in the wake of two catastrophic hurricanes.
波多黎各和维尔京群岛人民曾先后遭受两场灾难性的飓风侵袭,伤亡惨重。
We are working night and day in cooperation with territorial and local authorities to assist those in need,
但所有美国人都与他们心手相连。我们同当地政府合作,夜以继日地帮助有需求的居民,
to help save and sustain lives, and to begin the long recovery and rebuilding effort.
救助生命,开展长期重建工作。
Our commitment to those affected is this: We are with you, we will stay with you, and we will come back stronger than ever.
对于受灾居民,我们的承诺是:此刻,我们与你同在;未来,我们与你同行;让我们一同拥抱更光明的未来!
We are sending tremendous amounts of supplies, tremendous amounts of food and water, and we are sending great people to help.
我们正在输送大量补给、食物和水,我们也带来了强大的救援队伍。
I know that it's been devastating.
我明白,这场灾难肆虐破坏,余威未散。
I know your police force and everything else has been absolutely hurt,
我明白,当地警力和其它(救援)力量早已饱受摧残,
but we're sending people to help, and it's getting better on a daily basis.
但现在我们正派来救援队伍,未来的每一天都将变得更好。
This week, I traveled to Indiana to announce historic tax reform for the American people.
本周,我访问了印第安纳州,向美国人民宣布了历史性的税改政策。