手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

什么虫子不易被找到

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, everybody! Where's Squeaks?

嗨,大家好!吱吱在哪里?
Haha, you got me! Squeaks, you blend right in!
哈哈,你难倒我了!吱吱,你混进来了!
You know, there are lots of animals that blend in, just like you do with lab equipment!
你知道,很多动物会融入环境,就像你利用实验室设备一样。
These animals blend in with the natural things around them,
这些动物融入周围的自然环境,
so that it's harder for other animals to find them and eat them.
所以其他动物很难找到并吃掉它们。
Like this weird-looking bug!
就像这种奇怪的虫子!
I know, Squeaks! It looks just like a stick!
吱吱,我知道!它像一根棍子!
But this is actually a kind of bug and it's called a stick insect, since it looks so much like a stick.
但它实际上是一种虫子,因为它长得非常像棍子,所以叫做竹节虫。
These insects live in places with lots of trees and bushes, and they blend in really well.
这些昆虫生活在有许多树木和灌木的地方,它们很好地融合在了一起。
For lots of animals, like birds, a stick insect would be a tasty snack.
对于鸟类等许多动物来说,竹节虫是美味的小吃。
But it's hard for them to spot a stick insect,
但它们很难找到,
since it looks just like the real sticks around it.
因为后者看起来和周围真正的棍子一样。
And if they can't find the stick insect, they can't eat it.
如果小鸟找不到竹节虫,它们就吃不到了。
So blending in helps stick insects survive.
所以融入环境能帮助竹节虫生存。
Do you want to see how animals survive by blending in?
你想知道动物是如何通过融入环境来生存的吗?
Let's do an experiment!
我们来做个实验吧!
One of the reasons stick insects look so much like the sticks around them is that they're the same color.
竹节虫和周围的棍子非常像,原因之一是它们颜色相同。

竹节虫.jpg

So for this experiment, you're going to pretend to be a bird

所以,这个实验中,你要假装成一只鸟,
looking through the grass for some nice, delicious bugs to have for lunch.
翻翻草地来寻找美味的虫子当午餐。
We're going to see if you find more green bugs, more red bugs, or the same amount of both kinds of bugs.
我们将看看你找到的是绿虫多,还是红虫多,或者两者一样多。
All you'll need is a friend, a timer, a green, grassy spot,
你需要一个朋友、一个计时器、一片绿草地,
and 10 green things and 10 red things to use as your pretend-bugs.
和充当虫子的绿、红色物体各10个。
We've made our pretend-bugs out of construction paper, but your can use anything:
我们用图画用纸做得虫子,但你可以用任何东西:
clothespins, paper clips, or even small toys,
衣夹、回形针或者小玩具都可以,
as long as they're all about the same size, and half of them are green and half of them are red.
只要它们大小相同,一半绿一半红即可。
Once you have your pretend-bugs, go to your grassy spot.
你一旦做好了虫子,就去绿草地。
When you're surrounded by green grass,
当你周围都是绿草时,
close your eyes and then ask your friend to spread the red and green bugs around.
闭上眼睛,让你的朋友把红虫子和绿虫子散播开来。
Then, have them start a timer for 30 seconds and say "go!"
然后,让他们开始计时30秒,然后说“开始”。
Open your eyes, pretend to be a hungry bird, and grab as many bugs as you can!
睁开眼睛,假装自己是一只饥饿的小鸟,尽可能多得捉虫子!
When your 30 seconds are up, stop and count how many bugs of each color you caught.
当30秒结束时,停止并计算你捉到的各色虫子有多少只。
Then, repeat your experiment by letting your friend take a turn searching for bugs.
然后,重复实验,让你的朋友轮流寻找虫子。
Are you ready? Let's try it!
准备好了吗? 让我们试试吧!
Okay, time's up! Let's look at the bugs that we caught!
好了,时间到!让我们看看捉到的虫子!
Hmm, it looks like... we got...8 red ones and 5 green bugs.
嗯,看起来像...我们捉到了...8只红虫子和5只绿虫子。
Wow! We got way more red bugs than green ones!
哇。我们捉到的红虫子比绿虫子多!
Well, that makes sense, since the red bugs were easier to see.
这是有道理的,因为红虫子更容易被看到。
The green ones blended in with the grass around them, so they were much harder to find!
绿虫子和周围的草混在了一起,所以更难找。
Being green helped the bugs survive, just like looking like a stick helps stick insects survive.
绿色能帮助虫子生存,就像棍子模样能帮助竹节虫生存一样。
If these bugs were real, then after the bird had their lunch,
如果这些虫子是真的,那么在小鸟吃完午餐后,
there wouldn't be many red bugs left to have red babies.
就没有多少红虫子剩下来孕育红幼虫了。
But there would be lots of green bugs left to have green babies.
但仍有很多剩下的绿虫子来孕育绿幼虫。
So there would be way more green bug babies than red bug babies.
所以,绿虫子会比红虫子多很多。
And if the bird kept eating the red bugs, then after a while, all of the babies being born might be green.
如果小鸟继续吃红虫子,那么一段时间后,所有出生的虫子可能都是绿色的。
So, since being green helped the bugs survive, over time, there would be more green bugs!
所以,既然绿色能帮助虫子生存,那么随着时间的推移,就会有更多的绿虫子!
Try this experiment at home and let us know how you do!
在家试试这个实验,让我们知道你是怎么做的!
And, once your experiment is over, make sure to clean up the rest of your bugs.
一旦实验做完,要保证清理掉剩余的虫子。
So what do you think, Squeaks? Aren't disguises cool?
吱吱,你觉得怎么样?这个伪装酷不酷?
Ha! Just kidding!
哈哈,开玩笑的!
Do you have any questions about all the amazing ways animals survive and change over time?
你对动物的神奇生存方式和变化有什么疑问吗?
Let us know, by asking a grown-up to help you leave a comment down below or email us at kids@scishow.com.
可以通过找大人帮忙在下方留言或发邮件至kids@scishow.com告诉我们哦!
Thanks! We'll see you next time! Here the Fort!
感谢您的收看!我们下期见!沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spread [spred]

想一想再看

v. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒
n.

 
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
tasty ['teisti]

想一想再看

adj. 好吃的

联想记忆
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
construction [kən'strʌkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 建设,建造,结构,构造,建筑物

联想记忆
blend [blend]

想一想再看

v. 混合
n. 混合物

 
pretend [pri'tend]

想一想再看

v. 假装,装作
adj. 假装的

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 晶洞为什么能形成晶体 2017-10-03
  • 豆子里面有什么 2017-10-09
  • 对蛇的错误认知,你中了多少 2017-10-13
  • 犰狳是怎么保护自己的 2017-10-15
  • 月球是怎么形成的 2017-10-17
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。