We call the seats the passenger seats and the driver's seat.
我们把那些座位叫做乘客座位和驾驶员座位。
The right side of the car is usually called the passenger side of the car.
车的右侧通常称为乘客侧。
I "get comfortable for my drive" — for my commute — notice we use drive there as a noun; it can be a verb and a noun.
我“舒服地坐在座位上准备开车”——注意到“drive”这词在这里作名词。它既能作动词,又能作名词。
"I put my coffee mug into the cup holder."
“我把咖啡杯放在杯托上。”
A mug, "mug," is just a big cup.
马克杯(mug)是大杯子。
We talk about coffee mugs, they're big cups that you put your coffee into.
我们所说的咖啡马克杯,就是指装咖啡的大杯子。
In many cars, there is a special place for a cup or a bottle, and that's called a cup holder, "holder."
很多汽车里都有专门放杯子或瓶子的地方,那样的地方叫做杯托(holder)。
It holds the cup so you can have your coffee in your car.
它承托杯子,这样你就能在汽车里放咖啡。
I "put the keys in the ignition."
我“将钥匙插入点火开关里。”
The keys are, of course, what starts your car.
这钥匙当然是你用来发动汽车的。
It's the piece of metal that you open your car door with — you unlock it.
它也是你打开车门的一块金属。
Well, you also start the car with your keys, and you put them into something called the ignition.
是的,你还用钥匙发动汽车,你把它插入点火开关里。
And, the ignition, "ignition," is the part of the car that starts the engine.
点火开关(ignition)是汽车发动引擎的部位。
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!