手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

狗在夏天怎么降温

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's been getting really hot outside recently, and Squeaks and I are coming up with all kinds of creative ways to stay cool.

最近外面真的很热,我和吱吱想尽各种新奇的办法来降温。
We can find shade when we're outside, and we can use a fan to blow the air around inside.
我们外出时可以找树荫,在家时可以吹电扇。
We have friends whose dogs really like hanging out near the fan.
我朋友的狗非常喜欢在电扇附近晃悠。
But when we're outside and it's hot out, there's something else they do:
我们在大热天外出时,它们会做一些其他的事情:
they breathe in and out really fast, sometimes with their tongues sticking out.
它们快速地呼进呼出,有时会把舌头伸出来。
That's called panting, and for dogs, it's a great way to keep cool.
这叫做喘气,对于狗来说,这是降温的好方法。
For us humans, there's something that happens to our bodies when we get very warm.
而对我们人类来说,当我们变热时,身体会发生一些反应。
Can you guess what it is?
你猜到是什么了吗?
You're right, we sweat!
说对了,我们出汗!
Water, along with some other stuff, like salt, goes from inside our bodies to outside on our skin, and that helps us cool off!
我们体内的水和盐等其他物质,会通过皮肤排出体外,这会帮助我们降温!
Sweat cools us off because the water evaporates, meaning that it changes from a liquid to a gas and disappears into the air.
出汗能帮我们降温是因为水分的蒸发,这意味着水从液态变成了气态,消散到了空气中。
That's what happens when sweat dries, the liquid water turns into a gas.
这就是汗液变干时,液态水变成气态水的过程。
And if you've ever spilled some water on yourself, you know that it can start to feel very cold as it dries!
如果你曾经在自己身上洒过水,你就会知道水变干时,会感觉非常凉爽!
That's because some of the heat from your body is being used to help the water evaporate.
这是因为你身体的一些热量用来蒸发水分了。
Since your body is losing heat as it moves into the water on your skin, you feel less hot.
由于水流过你的皮肤带走了热量,你就感觉凉快了。
So, sweating is a great way to cool down.
所以,出汗是降温的好方法。

喘气.png

But a lot of animals can't sweat as well as humans can, including dogs.

但许多动物不能像我们人类一样出汗,狗就不能。
Dogs can only sweat through the pads on their paws, which isn't enough to cool them down very much.
狗只能通过爪子上的肉垫来出汗,但这并不能帮它们凉快很多。
But with all that warm fur, they definitely need to be able to keep cool on a hot, sunny day!
它们还裹着温暖的毛皮,确实需要在炎热、阳光充足的日子里保持凉爽。
So even though they mostly can't sweat, they have other ways to keep themselves cool in the heat.
所以它们即使基本不能出汗,也有其他方法让自己在高温下保持凉爽。
That's right! Like panting.
说对了!就是喘气!
Panting helps dogs keep cool in a way that's actually very similar to how sweating keep us cool.
喘气帮助狗降温的方法极其类似于出汗降温。
We know that sweat keeps us cool by drying off.
我们都知道出汗降温是因为汗液蒸发。
Can you think of something that might be drying off as dogs pant?
但当狗喘气时,你认为是什么东西可能蒸发了吗?
Good guess, Squeaks!
吱吱,猜的好!
There's lots of saliva, or spit, in a dog's mouth!
狗嘴里有大量的唾液!
To cool themselves off, dogs pant to evaporate their saliva.
为了降温,狗通过喘气来蒸发唾液!
The heat from their bodies helps the saliva dry, so the dog gets less hot.
它们身体的热量帮助唾液蒸发,所以狗就会变得凉爽。
It's a lot like how we sweat through our skin, except dogs use saliva in their mouths instead!
这和我们皮肤出汗的方式很像,只不过狗用的是嘴里的唾液!
As they pant, dogs breathe really fast to move more air in and out through their mouths.
当它们喘气时,呼吸加快,使得更多的空气通过嘴呼进呼出。
When they breathe out, they move the warm, wet air away,
当它们呼出时,把温暖湿润的空气排出去。
and when they breathe in, cooler, drier air can take its place and evaporate more saliva faster,
而当它们呼进时,凉爽干燥的空气进来代替了热空气,加快蒸发更多的唾液,
so it takes less time for a dog to go from too hot, to just right.
所以这个过程缩短了狗降温的时间。
Yeah, it is a pretty awesome way to cool off, but it can work a little slower than sweating.
是的,这是个非常棒的降温方式,它的作用只比出汗慢一点点儿!
It takes a while for a dog to evaporate enough saliva to get a lot of heat out of its body.
因为狗要花一段时间蒸发足够多的汗液才能排出大量的热量。
So when you see a dog panting really quickly, that's a sign that it's too hot and is taking some time to cool down.
所有你看到狗快速地喘气时,这是天太热,它们花时间降温的征兆。
Maybe we should go stand in front of fan to cool off again, huh Squeaks?()
吱吱,或许我们再去吹吹电扇来降温,好吗?
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您收看本期节目!
And if you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me, hit the subscribe button.
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共度美好时光,就点击订阅按钮吧!
And we'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
我们下期见,沃斯堡等你哦!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
creative [kri'eitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 创造性的

联想记忆
sweat [swet]

想一想再看

n. 汗,汗水
v. (使)出汗

 
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
fur [fə:]

想一想再看

n. 毛皮,软毛,皮衣,毛皮制品
vt. 用毛

 
saliva [sə'laivə]

想一想再看

n. 唾液

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
shade [ʃeid]

想一想再看

n. 阴影,遮蔽,遮光物,(色彩的)浓淡
vt

联想记忆
evaporate [i'væpəreit]

想一想再看

v. 蒸发,失去水分,消失

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 我们一起制作风筝 2017-08-22
  • 你知道鱼需要喝水吗 2017-08-24
  • 我们打嗝了怎么办 2017-08-28
  • 非常了不起的蜻蜓 2017-08-30
  • 教你制作美味黄油 2017-09-01
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。