Today at the Fort, we're blowing bubbles!
今天我们正在沃斯堡吹泡泡!
This is an official summer fun alert!
这是一个官方的夏季有趣警报!
If you've had a chance to blow bubbles at school, or in your backyard,
如果你有机会在学校或后院吹泡泡,
then you know that it can be really fun to make them and to pop them!
那么你就会知道吹泡泡再戳破是多么有趣!
And they're also a pretty cool way to learn some science!
它们也是学习一些科学的不错方式!
First, let's practice blowing bubbles!
首先,让我们练习吹泡泡!
To blow bubbles, you need two things: bubble liquid, which is mostly made of soap and water,
吹泡泡需要两个物件:主要成分是肥皂和水的泡泡液,
and the stick you blow the bubbles out of, which is called the wand.
和把气泡吹出来的泡泡棒。
I'll dip my wand into the bubble liquid and blow.
我把泡泡棒浸到泡泡液里,然后吹气。
But not too hard! If I blow too hard, then I'll blow the liquid right out of the wand.
吹得时候不要太用力!如果用力过猛,会直接把液体从泡泡棒上吹下来。
So I need to blow a steady stream of air through the bubble liquid, nice and slow...
所以我需要对着泡泡液平稳地吹气,慢慢地...
And I get a bunch of bubbles!
我吹出了一连串泡泡!
Bubbles are just a really thin layer of soap and water around a pocket of air.
泡泡就是一层薄薄的包裹着气袋的肥皂水。
If we could cut a bubble in half and look at it really closely, we would see that the bubble is actually made up of layers.
如果我们把泡泡一分为二,仔细观察的话,会看到泡泡确实是一层一层的。
There's a layer of water between two layers of soap. It kind of looks like a sandwich!
两层肥皂之间是一层水。这看起来有点儿像三明治!
The soap layers are like the bread of a sandwich, and the water is like the sandwich filling.
肥皂层像三明治的面包层,水像三明治的填充物。
The layers of the bubble surround the air inside the bubble, and keep it inside.
泡泡的水层把空气包裹在里面,逸不出来。
Water without soap doesn't make bubbles very well, because water likes to stick together.
只有水,没有肥皂,气泡不会很好,因为水喜欢粘在一起。
Water's made up of lots of little tiny pieces, or particles, so small that you can't even see them. But they're there!
水由许多分子或小颗粒组成,它们非常小,肉眼看不到。但确实存在。
These particles are attracted to each other, meaning that they're pulling toward each other like magnets. So they stick together!
这些水分子相互吸引,这意味着它们会像磁铁一样相互拉近。所以就粘到一起啦!
For example, check out this insect!
以这个昆虫为例。
It can walk on top of this pond because the particles that make up the water in the pond are all attracted to each other.
它之所以能在池塘上面走是因为水分子相互吸引。
They stick together so much that the insect can walk on the water without falling in!
它们粘得非常紧密,以致于昆虫在水上走却掉不下去。
The little particles in water are pulled together so strongly that they can't spread out into a thin bubble with air inside.
水分子之间的引力非常强,以致于它们扩散不到包裹着空气的薄薄气泡里。
If we try to blow a bubble with plain water,
如果我们尝试用普通水吹泡泡的话,
the water in the bubble would just pull back together into a water droplet!
气泡里的水会相互吸引,重新凝成水滴。
But when you add soap, it helps the water spread out without being pulled back together,
但你加上肥皂的话,水扩散开后就不会再聚合在一起,
By making that soap-and-water sandwich. And then you get bubbles!
通过制作水——肥皂的三明治,你就会得到泡泡。
There's something else special about bubbles.
泡泡还有一些其他的特殊之处。
Bubbles can be lots of different sizes, from super tiny to gigantic.
泡泡有很多型号,从迷 你到巨无霸。
But have you noticed that they're all the same shape?
但你注意到它们都是相同的形状了吗?
That's right, they're round! Just like the wand we use to blow the bubbles.
对了。它们都是圆的。就像我们吹泡泡用的泡泡棒一样。
What would happen if we used a wand that was a different shape? Like this one!
如果我用不同形状的泡泡棒会怎样?就像这个。
That's right, it's shaped like a diamond.
你说得对,它的形状像钻石。
So, what do you think will happen when I blow bubbles from this diamond-shaped wand?
那你认为我用这个菱形的泡泡棒吹气会怎么样?
Squeaks think that they'll be diamond-shaped?
吱吱认为它们会是菱形的?
Let's try and see what happens.
我们试试,看看会怎样吧。
When I dip the wand into the bubble liquid and blow...the bubbles are still round!
我把泡泡棒浸到泡泡液里,然后吹气,泡泡仍是圆的!
Even though the wand I blew the bubbles from wasn't round.
即使我用的泡泡棒不是圆的。
It's round because of that water layer, the filling of the bubble sandwich.
圆泡泡是由水层即泡泡三明治的填充物造成的。
Even though the soap helps the water spread out into a bubble by making the particles in the water less attracted to each other,
即使肥皂使水分子之间的引力减少,水扩散成泡状,
they're still a little bit attracted to each other.
但它们之间仍有微弱的引力。
And when the water particles pull on each other around the air inside, they give the bubble its round shape.
当水分子在空气周围相互吸引时,泡泡就成圆状了。
So even if our wand has corners, the attraction in the particles that make up water pull those corners out,
所以每次即使我们的泡泡棒有棱角,水分子之间的引力也会把棱角剔除掉,
and give us a nice round bubble every time.
给我们一个完美的圆形泡泡。
I guess you like popping, Squeaks! Me too!
吱吱,我猜你喜欢泡泡破裂,我也是!
But do you know why they pop?
但你知道它们为什么破裂吗?
If something breaks the attraction between the water particles that make up the bubble's water layer,
如果某些东西破坏了构成水层的水分子之间的引力,
like Squeaks' nose or my fingertips, the air is able to get out, and the bubble pops!
如,吱吱的鼻子或我的指尖,空气就会逸出,泡泡就破了。
It's a lot like popping a balloon with something sharp.
这很像用尖锐的东西戳破气球。
When you poke a hole in a balloon, the air gets out and the balloon pops.
你在气球上戳了一个洞,空气逸了出来,气球就破了。
When you touch a bubble with your finger, you're basically poking a hole in the bubble.
你用手指碰泡泡时,基本上就在泡泡上戳了一个洞。
So do you want to pop some more bubbles, Squeaks?
吱吱,你想要戳破更多的泡泡吗?
OK, let's head outside and blow some more bubbles!
那好,我们出去吹更多的泡泡吧!
Thanks for joining us!
感谢您收看儿童科学秀!
If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks and me, hit the subscribe button!
如果你想继续学习,与我和吱吱共享美好时光,点击订阅按钮!
And we'll see you next time! Here the Fort!
我们下期见!沃斯堡等你哦!