手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

怪物与爱情

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

We usually get up about 7:00.

我们通常7点左右起床。
Yeah, and I usually get up a little later.
是的,我一般起得晚一点儿。
I make coffee for both of us.
我会煮我们两个人的咖啡。
I like honey and cream in my coffee.
我喜欢在咖啡里加蜂蜜和奶油。
And then, I almost always drive to work. Our morning routine is quite mundane.
之后,我基本上会开车去上班。我们的早晨比较普通。
Oh, yeah. One thing we're doing today is the fire-breathing dragon, finishing off that.
是的。我们今天要做的一个东西是一个火龙,做一些收尾工作。
Yeah, and I've got some stuff to blood, and some skulls, and pumpkins.
是的,我还要给一些东西涂点血,一些头骨和南瓜。
I'm Marsha, this is my husband Ed, and we run Distortions Unlimited.
我是玛莎,这是我的丈夫Ed,我们开了一家叫“无限扭曲”的店。
We make monsters: zombies, aliens, dragons, and beasts of all kinds.
我们制作怪物:僵尸、外星人、龙和各种野兽。
Oh my. Most of what we make is scary, I will say that.
我的天啦。我会说,我们做的大部分东西都是很吓人的。
We make monsters for everyone from home haunter, all the way up to amusement parks, and big events all around the world.
我们为各种各样的客户制作怪物,有鬼屋,也有游乐园,以及世界各地的大型活动。
We've been working together for 35 years.
我们一起工作35年了。
It's been glorious.(Yeah, wonderful.)
我们合作得非常愉快。(是的,棒极了。)
We started out painting together.
一开始我们是在一起画画。
I fell in love very quickly.
我很快就爱上了她。
怪物

We've been married almost 25 years.

我们结婚快25年了。
We've found a way to work together.
我们找到了一起工作的方法。
I'm probably more on the business side, and Ed is probably more into production.
我可能更商务一些,Ed可能更偏向生产。
I can't tell you how many people have told me I could never work with my spouse, and that's too bad,
太多的人跟我说他们完全没办法和另一半一起工作,那太遗憾了,
because you miss half or more of that whole person's life if you don't.
因为如果你不和他一起工作,你就会错过他生活中一半甚至更多的时光。
I think people expect us to be a little bit weirder than we are;
我想,人们以为我们会比现在更古怪一些;
and we're actually a little bit boring.
但我们其实有点儿无聊。
When we get in the car and go home, it's over.
坐上车,回家,就完了。
We love monsters, we just, we've had enough of it after a long day.
我们是喜欢怪物,只是工作一天下来已经够了。
There's a separation there. There has to be or you go crazy.
有一个界限。必须有,不然你就会成为一个疯子。
If somebody walked into our house, they wouldn't have a clue what we do.
要是有人走近我们的家,他们也看不出来我们是做什么的。
In fact, we keep it all kind of secret.
实际上,我们一直很保密。
Yeah, people are surprised about that with us. Well, that's... We like it that way.
是的,人们对此感到很惊讶。好吧,那……但我们喜欢那样。
It's really special to do something you love with somebody you love.
能够和自己爱的人一起做自己喜欢的事真的很特别。
We make monsters, but whatever, our personalities kind of mesh with each other, so it works out.
我们制作怪物,但不管怎么说,我们的性格是比较互补的,所以我们做到了。
You know, you really can establish a good relationship as you're dripping zombie blood. (Right.)
你知道吗,真的可以一边给僵尸放血,一边发展一段很好的关系的。(没错。)
That's the kind of woman I need in my life.
我的生活就需要这种女人。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
unlimited [ʌn'limitid]

想一想再看

adj. 无限的,不受控制的,无条件的

 
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厌烦的

 
spouse [spauz]

想一想再看

n. 配偶

 
mundane ['mʌndein]

想一想再看

adj. 平凡的,世俗的,宇宙的

联想记忆
routine [ru:'ti:n]

想一想再看

n. 例行公事,常规,无聊
adj. 常规的,

联想记忆
amusement [ə'mju:zmənt]

想一想再看

n. 娱乐,消遣

 
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。