I thank you for the opportunity to appear before this subcommittee.
感谢给我在这次小组委员会前发声的计划
I would like to start by apologizing for the acts that have brought us here.
我想以为这次行动把大家带到这里而道歉
A nation has a right to expect its rules and laws to be obeyed,
一个国家有权利期望它的规则与法律得到遵守
but I also have asked every Salomon employee to be his or her own compliance officer.
但是我也让每个所罗门雇员做自己的合规官员
After they first obey all rules,I then want employees to ask themselves
在他们遵守法律之后 我接着问他们
whether they are willing to have any contemplated act
愿不愿意有任何预期行为
appear the next day on the front page of their local paper to be read by their spouses,children,and friends.
出现在明天他们的配偶 孩子 朋友 阅读的报纸头版头条上
If they follow this test,they need not fear my other message to them:
如果他们同意了这项考验 他们就不必为我其他的话感到害怕
Lose money for the firm, and I will be understanding.
折损公司的财富 我会能理解
Lose a shred of reputation for the firm,and I will be ruthless.
折损公司仅剩的声誉 我就会赶尽杀绝
I welcome your questions.
欢迎提问
It's been 50 years since I formally took control of Berkshire Hathaway,
我正式接管伯克希尔哈撒韦已经有50年了
and, step by step, we've created something that is kind of what I dreamt we might create over time,
一步接着一步 我们已经创造了一些我们梦想中的东西
but it took a lot of time to do it.
但这会要很多时间
Never seemed like we were making that much progress on any one day,but compound interest works.
不是我们在一天内能取得的进展 但是复利真的有用