We had this death knell from the Treasury,so I called the Treasury.
我们从财政部那里听到了丧钟 所以我打电话给财政部
Nick Brady was the Secretary.
尼克·布雷迪是部长
I'm pleading for my life.
我为我身家做辩护
And I'm sure my voice was cracking and everything else,
我确定我的声音很响
and I said, "Nick, this is the most important day of my life."
我说 尼克 这是我生命里最重要的一天
And I really did feel that it was going to be a colossal disaster.
我真的感觉 这会演变成一场大灾难
He wasn't sure I was right at all--in fact, he probably thought I was wrong
他不确信我是对的 实际上 他可能觉得我是错的
but he knew that I felt what I was saying.
但是他知道我说话时的感受
So, the Treasury modified its order,and in effect, of course,it was quite an endorsement.
因此 财政部修改了法令 并实施 这是一种支持
It was huge. It saved Salomon.
巨大的支持 它拯救了所罗门
Nick Brady went with Warren, because he trusted him.
尼克布雷迪顺从了沃伦 因为他相信他
It shows how having a good reputation is really helpful in life.
这显示了拥有好的声誉在生活中真的很有帮助