there are some four, five years maybe there was coercive interrogation,
可能是四到五年吧逼问审讯期会在
the first year or so but yet the detention continues
第一年或更长,接下来是继续拘留
and the person who being held incommunicado can't know whether or not
犯人被单独监禁他们不知道会不会
there will be that type of torture again
在遭受那种酷刑
and still under control, so cannot move on in his life his relationships freedoms.
能否控制自己,所以他们无法继续生活维持关系,获得自由
Oh it's devastating, er you know if you talk to attorneys
哦,这糟透了你知道,如果你和某些律师交流过
who deal with people that have been in Guantanamo for four of five years um,
他们接触过在关塔那摩被监禁过四到五年的人
in the case of one that I have talked to Joshua
我曾经和约书亚?安吉拉?奥布莱恩交谈过
Angela O'brien in charge of several Bahraini detainees who may now have been released,
他为几个来自巴林的关押犯提供法律帮助这些人现在可能被释放了
but er he has um, his this one detainee was has tried to commit suicide 12 or 13 times,
其中有一个拘留犯尝试过自杀12 13次
I raised the case specifically or I um to er a very high up official at the Pentagon
我特别说到这个案例有位五角大楼的高级官员
who works for the Secretary of Health who brought me to Guantanamo
现在为卫生部长工作他曾带我到关塔那摩
and you know he just saw this often happens.
他经常目睹这样的事情发生
Suicide attempts are often viewed as shows, shows of power you know they're flashy things
企图自杀经常被看做是个表演展示力量的表演,但是华而不实
that might get attention and what not but the trick here and I think
也许能得到注意但是归根到底只是个伎俩
that this is probably what you're getting to.
我觉得这可能就是你要说的意思
Psychiatrists um are meant to be dealing with the mental health of detainees,
精神病专家应该关注被拘役人员的心理健康
and addressing just that issue but often they refer their professional expertise to
解决这类问题但是通常情况下,他们认为自己的专业技能
what the interrogator needs or what the BSCTs,
是为了满足审判者的需要,或者是BSCTs
The Behavioural Science Consultation Team who are often the forensic psychologists will do.
行为科学咨询小组的需要这些都是法医心理专家的工作
So there's a lot of, so it's your jurisdiction, you know a lot of lack of moral accountability and professional accountability.
所以..有很多,所以这是你专业领域有很多道德责任缺失没有专业问责的事情发生
The hook is come, get the hook out. Ok, thank you both very much.
问题来了,解决问题 好的,非常感谢你