Basically, we cut into the ice,and then the rope runs around it, okay?
首先 我们要挖开冰面 然后把绳子套在上面 懂吗
An ice anchor is a rescue technique used by climbers
当你必须加快速度却没有多余的设备时
when speed is essential and gear is minimal.
冰锚是登山者常用的急救技巧
I like to call him an outdoor wizard.
他是个户外魔术师
He can see things that other people don't.
有着不同于常人的敏锐的洞察力
Like, if I walked by a log,I'd just be like, "That's a log",
比如 当我经过一截圆木 只是想"那是截木头"
where he walks by a log and,all of a sudden, it's a raft.
而换做是他的话 很快 圆木就能变成一叶小筏
He just takes, you know, whatever and applies it to the situation that he's in.
他能调整任何东西 使之适应环境需要
Keep digging.I've never seen two guys work so carefully.
继续挖 我没见过干活这么认真的男人
Perhaps that's what happens when your life's on the line,isn't it?
也许是因为命悬一线 不是吗
So basically, the rope locks nicely in place.That's not going anywhere.
看来绳子固定得很结实 不会出什么问题
I'm gonna lead the way and rappel first.
我要先行一步 顺着绳子爬下去
Okay, we good with this?Yeah, so far.
好的 准备好了吗 目前是的
Joe's watching my line, and Sean's my anchor.
乔看住绳子 肖恩做固定点
Wait,Bear, Bear, Bear, Bear!Yeah?
等等 贝尔 贝尔 贝尔 贝尔 怎么了
I don't know. I don't know. It's not holding.
等等 这里不紧
It is. It's good.It's good?Joe, it's fine,honestly.
没事儿 就是那样的 是吗 乔 我保证它是好的
All right.It's okay.I have a healthy respect for crevasses.
好吧 没事的 我对跨越冰裂缝早已烂熟于心
I'm not gonna take any chances with me or you, all right?
我不会带你们走进危险之中的 准备好了吗
It's one of those occasions,just trust me.
这情况常见 相信我
It will hold.Oh, man.Looks good.See that line, Joe.I see it.
它会很稳固的 天哪 看起来不错 看住绳子 乔 看着呢
Keep your hand on it, buddy.Hand's on it.
用手抓住它 老兄 抓住了