No. 1 cause of unhappiness.
导致不快乐的头号原因
Because people feel guilty about pursuing their own happiness.
人们为追求自己的快乐感到内疚
People feel guilty at times feeling good about themselves.
人们在自我感觉很好时会内疚
How can I? How dare I feel good about myself?
我怎么可以? 我怎么敢自我感觉良好?
How can I pursue my happiness when there is so much suffering in the world?
我怎么能追求自己的快乐当世上有那么多痛苦时?
And there is a lot of suffering in the world.
世上确有很多痛苦
So how do we respond to that?
我们要如何回应?
First of all, happiness is a positive sum game it's not a zero sum game.
首先,快乐是正和博弈不是零和博弈
Neither it is a negative sum game it's not that my happiness takes away from other people's happiness
也不是负和博弈我的快乐不是从别人那里夺来
which will be a negative sum game: if I have more, you'll necessarily have less.
那将是负和博弈我有更多,你一定更少
It's not even a zero or rather if I have less, you'll have less- that's a negative sum game or a zero sum game if I have more, you'll have less-
甚至不是一个零…或者我更少你也会更少,那也是负和博弈或零和博弈,我更多,你就会更少
it's a fixed pie. It's not that. It's a positive sum game.
饼就那么大。不是这样的。它是一个正和博弈
Why? Because happiness is contagious.
为什么?因为快乐是感染的
If I'm happier, I'm more likely to contribute to other people's happiness and wellbeing.
如果我更快乐,我更有可能对他人的快乐和幸福作出贡献
Being happy, in other words, is also a moral state in the sense of actually contributing to other people's wellbeing.
感受快乐,换言之也是一种道德状态对他人的幸福作出贡献
The Buddha talked about it thousands of years ago, "Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
佛在几千年前就谈到它"一支蜡烛可以点燃千支蜡烛蜡烛的生命不会被缩短
Happiness never decreases by being shared." It's like passing on light.
分享绝不会减少快乐"。就像传递光明。