In 1983, Mrs. B cashed in on her business by selling control for 55 million dollars
1983年 B女士通过将公司控制权以550万美元卖给沃伦巴菲特
to a company owned by investor Warren Buffett.
控股的公司大赚一笔
Warren was quite an expert about newspapers.
沃伦是报纸行业的专家
He got interested in the "Post,"
他对华盛顿邮报有所兴趣
because he recognized it as a greatly undervalued company.
因为他觉得这是一家估值偏低的公司
He had to write me a letter.
他要给我些一封信
Dear Ms. Graham, I've just bought 5% of your company,
亲爱的格拉汉姆女士 我购买了你公司5%的股份
and I mean you no harm,and I think it's a great company.
我不会对你造成伤害 我认为这是一个好公司
I know it's Graham owned and Graham run,and that's fine with me.
我知道只是格拉汉姆拥有并运营的 那对我来说很好
And I thought, Whoa,this guy's really terrific.
我想 这人真是好
He used to come to board meetings with about 20 annual reports
他过去经常拿着20份年报来参加董事会议
and he would take me through these annual reports.
他会带我看这些年报
It was like going to business school with Warren Buffett.
就像和沃伦巴菲特一起去商学院
Kay Graham did introduce Warren to the world of Washington,
凯·格拉汉姆把沃伦巴菲特介绍给了华盛顿政界
entirely different group than he had ever dealt with before.
那和他之前接触的人群完全不一样