I did make a joke at one point.I said, you know,
当时我说了个笑话 我说
we could make a tape of Mom yelling,"Bye, Warren, I'll be back later!"
我们可以做个母亲叫喊的录音 再见沃伦 我过会会回来的
And then have the door slam, and he would just think she was here.
然后们就关上了 你会觉得他就在这里
I don't think he knew what she was doing most of the time.
我不认为他知道她大多数时间在做什么
Once Howie and I were both gone,as we've gotten older, she started to see the writing on the wall here
豪伊和我长大离开 他就开始看墙上写的东西
and just started trying to figure out how she could at least have some more,as she called it,a room of her own.
她想要知道 她能获得什么更多的东西 她把它称为她自己的空间
The worst mistakes involve not understanding other people as well as you might.
最大的错误就是 不像应当的那样去理解别人
Well, she left Omaha in 1977, and there really isn't much to say about that.
她在1977年离开奥马哈 那没有什么太多好说的
It was devastating for him, and I came home,
这对他来说是毁灭性的 我回到家
because I,I,I can't say I was mad at her exactly,
因为不能说对她感到愤怒
but I kept thinking,How can you leave him?
但我一直在想 你怎么能离开他
He's so,he can't function by himself.
他简直不能自理