I'm going to skip a part about the depersonalisation some um find as a kind of protection
我要跳过人格丧失这部分有些人认为这是种保护
and how stoicism might um allow for a reading of that sort by minimising the role of the body in self.
禁欲主义可能会提到一篇这类的文章把自我的身体角色降至最小
There's no bodily ego for stoic that's a Freudian term, and I,
对于禁欲主义者来说,用弗洛伊德的术语来说没有身体自我
I want to um just bring it back as I close
我想在结束时,再回顾一下
I guess I have about 3 minutes or so, um, to um, to, to um let me see how best I can wrap up,
我可能还有3分钟让我看看我能不能尽快说完
I'm sorry. I, I'll bring it back to Guantanamo. I'll end there.
不好意思,我要说一下关塔那摩然后就结束演讲
Timerman has a wonderful remark about feeling, the feeling of self betrayal and self collusion
蒂莫蔓有段非常精彩的描述描述自我背叛和自我同谋的情感
but I think it comes back in something in Guantanamo.
但是我觉得蒂莫蔓所描述
Um, so Timerman in is in mind when I'm thinking of something that came up in Guantanamo and
和关塔那摩发生的事情很类似当我想到发生在关塔那摩的事情
that is that he has this picture of a man in prison in Argentine who is circumcised.
蒂莫蔓有张照片,上面是个被割去包皮的阿根廷的囚犯
He's Jewish and he feels all eyes upon him
他是个犹太人,总是感觉所有眼睛都注视他
and his clipped prick is a source of terrible degradation, self degradation
他被割去包皮的身体是自我退化,自我堕落感觉的来源
but it oughtn't to be, but he's reflecting the er gaze of the torturer and of the interrogator
不应该是这样,他在反射折磨者或者是审讯者的注视
and he, the self contempt is absorbing or internalising that gaze, of playing along, of colluding in a sense
他自我轻视的感觉也在吸收或者内化这种注视,任其摆布自我勾结,