I spend most of my time thinking about little girls,
我生活中的大部分时间都在思考关于小女孩的事情,
which is kind of a weird thing for a grown man in our society to say.
这对于当今社会一位成年男性而言未免有些奇怪。
But I do. I spend most of my time thinking about little girls,
但是我确实花了大量时间在思考小女孩的事,
and I think it's primarily because I have one.
我想主要原因是因为我有一个女儿吧。
This one's mine, and I think you would really like her.
这是我的女儿,我想你们会喜欢她的。
She is smart and funny and kind to people and a good friend.
她聪慧过人,活泼可爱,待人友好,是个不错的小伙伴。
But when I talk about my daughter, the word I find myself saying most is "athlete."
但是当谈到我的女儿,我发现我说的最多的词是“运动员”。
She is strong and fast and has great balance and good body control.
她强壮,敏捷,有着很棒的平衡感和良好的身体协调性。
She is a three-time, back-to-back-to-back state champion in Shaolin Kempo.
她在持续三天的少林拳法比赛中,获得了三次州冠军。
At nine years old, she is already halfway to a black belt. My daughter is athletic.
九岁的她已接近黑带水平。我的女儿有着运动员的体魄。
Now, when a man who is six feet two and 265 pounds stands in front of you and says his daughter is athletic,
现在,一个高1.86米,重120公斤的大汉站在你面前,说她的女儿是运动员,
you might think that's a reflection of him. It is not.
你也许会想,应该是遗传他的吧。并不是这样的。
My wife in high school was a two-time all-state soccer player
我的妻子在高中曾两次代表全州参加足球比赛,
and a two-time all-state volleyball player, and I played "Dungeons and Dragons."
还两次代表全州参加排球比赛,而我那会儿还玩着“龙与地下城”。
And that is why, although my daughter is an athlete, she's also a huge nerd, which I love.
那也就是为什么,我的女儿不仅仅是个运动员,她也是个技术能手,我很喜欢她这点。
She walks around our house in a cloak of flames that she made herself.
她身披火焰斗篷在家中穿行,这是她亲手制作的。