Be sincere.A good smile has the same effect as a puppy's tail. When a puppy wags
真诚 好的笑容和狗的尾巴一样有用 当小狗摇尾巴时
They made us do all these crazy things to get out of ourselves,and so we stood on tables and did all kinds of things.
他们会做出种种疯狂的事来逃避自身 所以我们站在桌子上做各种事情
If I hadn't had done that...my whole life would have been different.
如果我没完成那课程 我的整个人生可能就会不同
So in my office you will not see the degree I got from the University of Nebraska.
所以在我办公室不会看见我在内布拉斯加大学获得的学位
You will not see the Masters degree I got from Columbia University,
你也不会看见我在哥大获得的硕士学位
but you'll see the little award certificate I got from the Dale Carnegie Course.
但你会看见我在戴尔卡内基课程中获得的小小证书
As a matter of fact, every week,
事实上 每个周末
the instructor would give a pencil to whoever had done the most with what we'd learned the week before.
教员都会给上周完成最多的学员一支铅笔
And so in the fourth or fifth week,
所以在第四第五周
I proposed to her mother,and she said yes. And so that week,I won the pencil, I also got engaged,and it was an incredible week.
我向孩子她妈求婚 她同意了 所以那周 我赢得了铅笔 也订婚了 那是令人难以置信的一周
The wedding date was kind of interesting,because I couldn't see anything without my glasses,
结婚日也很有趣 因为我不戴眼镜什么都看不见
and I was so nervous that I--I just decided to take off my glasses and I wouldn't be able to see all those people out there.
所以我很紧张 我只想拿掉眼镜 我无法看见那些人
She was 19 when we got married and I was 21.
我们结婚时她19岁 我21岁
but she was so much more mature than I was.There was no comparison.
但是她比我成熟 没有可比性