Is this like going through an old family album?Better!
和看老的家庭照片一样吗 比看那个更棒
When I got out of business school at Columbia,
当我从哥大商学院毕业
I developed pretty decent skills in terms of business,
我开发出了很好的商业技能
but I hadn't really come to terms with the world exactly.
但我真的无法屈服于这个世界
What were you like around girls back then?
你和女性处的怎么样
Bad. I was,I was sort of out of the swing of things there for a while.
不怎么样 我当时有些不谙世事了
I went to my 60th reunion, and there was a girl there.
我去参加了我第69个同学会 有个女孩
I took her out one time to the Uptown Theater in Washington,
我有次带她去华盛顿的上城剧院
and I asked her whether she remembered what movie we saw,
我问她我们看过哪一部电影
and she said, "No, I don't remember that."
她说 不 我不记得了
And then she said, "But I do remember one thing."
她接着说 但我记得一件事
And like an idiot, I said, "What was that?"
我像一个白痴一样说 你记得什么
And she said, "Well, you picked me up in a hearse."
她说 你用一辆灵车接的我
And it was true that I owned a half-interest in a hearse while I was in high school,
我在高中的时候 真是拥有一辆利率打折的灵车
which was not the smoothest thing that or coolest, as they would say now that you could,you could do on a date.
现在你约会 带着人家坐灵车 不好也不酷
There were two turning points in my life.
我人生中有两个转折点
Once when I came out of the womb,and once when I met Susie, basically.
一次是我从子宫中降生 另一个是我遇到苏西
She was the girl, yep.
她就是我的那个女孩
But it took her a little longer to figure out I was the boy.
但她花了很长时间才知道我是那个男孩
I was going to be his youngest sister's roommate at Northwestern.
我在西北大学时是她妹妹的室友
So I walk into their house, he was sitting in this chair, and he made some sarcastic quip.
我走进他们的房子 他坐在椅子里 说了一些垃圾话
So I made one back. I thought, "Who is this jerk?" And that's how we met, yes.
我回了一句 我想 这怪人是谁 我们就是这么认识的