I'm on an island in the Torres Strait,south of Papua New Guinea.
我被困在巴布亚新几内亚南部 托雷斯海峡的一个孤岛上
There's a larger island on the horizon which offers hope of rescue.
在海平线上可以看到一座稍大的岛屿 在那里被营救的可能性大一些
But before attempting a risky crossing,there's the issue of food.
但是在冒险渡海之前 我还要解决食物的问题
I'm on the lookout for the bigger fish that congregate near the reef.
我想在浅水的礁石附近 捕到一条稍微大点的鱼
But without goggles,it's impossible to see clearly in salt water,
但是由于没有护目镜 我完全看不清海水里面的情况
So I've adapted a plastic bottle as a viewfinder.
所以我用塑料瓶做了个简易的水下观景器
But the fish are few and far between,and those that I am seeing are proving too quick.
但是这里的鱼群密度比较小 而且我所看到的鱼游得都很快
Harpoon this up tight, give myself a bit more power in it.
橡胶管拉到最紧 这样就叉会更有力
Even with more power in my harpoon,I'm having no luck in choppy waters with limited visibility.
即便有了强有力的武器 视觉受限 我在海浪中什么都没抓到
Looks like a couple of feelers just poking out from under that rock ledge.
这里的礁石下面 露出来了几根触角
But I've spotted something that might be an easier catch.
但是我发现了更容易捕捉的东西
Yeah, there's a lobster down there.
这下面有一只龙虾
Sometimes if you just stroke the tips of the feelers,it will bring them out.
只要敲一下龙虾的触角 它们就会从礁石下钻出来
Need to do that first.
这是我要做的第一步
Lobster claws are powerful enough to break a finger,So I need to be careful.
龙虾的大钳足以夹断人的手指 所以一定要小心
But he's out, and I've got a clear shot.
它爬了出来 我正中目标